Delete Attachments?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LambChop, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LambChop

LambChop Registered Member

o_O
    I went to the "User CP", clicked on the 'attachments' -- I wanted to delete an attachment that is there -- but, I do not see anyway to do it?

I went to the thread -- which no longer shows the "edit" option -- so, how do I delete the attachment now?
    :doubt:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Removing attachments can effect technical threads.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How many attachements I can send per day? Yesterday I sent one attachement but when I tried to send second one, its status came as in process with the option to delete it. I tried again, same response, so I deleted one of my old attachements and then tried again and this time it was accepted.

Also there should be option to send more than 1 attachments in one thread.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

afaik, u can only have one attachment per post/reply but if u can have multiple posts in a thread. for pics i just use imageshack however.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There is no limit on attachments per day, or total attachments per user. As to the error, if the error was "Attachment in Progress" then this thread explains the issue:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=62504

Sometimes people forget when they have many windows open, that in one window they have uploaded an attachment, but have not committed (posted) that reply, and they go to upload it again. That message means you have it already pending and you can back that one out if you wish.

As WSFuser stated, you can only have one attachment per post, but there is no limit to the total number of attachments you can upload. If you need to show more than one attachment in a thread, then just reply with an additional post for each image you wish to attach.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks, I got it. infact I use multiple tabs, this may be the cause.

7. LambChop

LambChop Registered Member

Bubba
    Thanks for the reply -- it makes sense to me now -- my original thought was that I was, or could get into trouble by having Too Many attachments uploaded! :ouch:

Thanks to the rest of the replies in this thread -- many of my questions on the subject have been addressed! :cool:

Thanks for the info and everyone's time!
    :D

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Gee LambChop, I hope not! ;) :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.