Problems with NOD32 Trial

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bellinibean, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellinibean

bellinibean Registered Member

OK, I setup NOD 32 as recommended here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Now, my problems are this. I wasnt given a username and password
    (trial version?)

As I do a system scan, in the scanning log all I see is a bunch of "error reading sector" and "error opening file - password protected" and "error opening - file locked" noticed.

It seems like this thing isn't scanning anything. is this because i have the trial version or have i chewed this thing up to where it isn't doing it's job? Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, I'm running XP Media Center with latest updates. My connection type is Roadrunner Cable. CPU stats are P4 3.4 w/ HT, 1GB Ram, 220GB HD, ect.

Paul

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Your NOD32 operates normal.

1) "error reading sector" - the message goes usually like "Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 3. physical disk - Error reading sector". There are 3 possible reason for this - you perform a system scan under the account of a limited user, you have a special boot manager or suchlike program that alters boot sectors installed, you use a card reader while no card is actually inserted

2) "error opening file - password protected" - it is impossible to scan password protected archives withou password, NOD informed you this file has not been scanned and listed reason

3) "error opening - file locked" - usual mesage on system files which are opened in exclusive mode by the operating system - e.g. swap files. Such files are opened just for the OS, they cannont get infected and of course scanned too.

3. bellinibean

bellinibean Registered Member

yes you are right with the messages. as for the password protected files, wasn't there a box in the NOD32 setup that allows me to add password protected files?

OK well thanks for the help I was just wondering if all was well.
    One last question... is the AMON a constant scanner? because I installed NOD32 last night and it's still scanning under AMON... thanks

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Yes, Amon is a resident scanner which is integral part of the NOD32 which consists of several modules - e.g. IMON, DMON etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.