Bootable media creator on USB disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tspierings, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tspierings

tspierings Registered Member

I tried to create a USB disk (120 Gb) as bootable rescue disk. However, True image 9.0 does not seem to let me select the USB disk.

Did I miss something?

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hi tspierings,

The Create Bootable Rescue Media tool imbedded in TI supports only floppies and CDs.

Some rather complicated workarounds using third party software have been described on this forum to create bootable DVDs, but I can't remember seeing any solution for creating rescue USB hard disks.

That doesn't mean that you can't use the USB drive to store images on. It only means that you have to boot from the rescue CD when you want to restore the system disk from the image previously stored onto the external (or any other) drive.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

True Image will also allow you to create the bootable media to a USB flash drive. However, the flash drive must be FAT formatted (not FAT32) and the motherboard must support booting from USB flash drives. Also, not all USB ports are created equal and you may have to plug the flash drive into one of the rear ports on your computer rather than a front port.

Some additional pointer contained in this previous thread titled <Boot from USB key>.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.