NOD32 Yearly Subscription

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

How can I tell when my time is up?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I always received a popup alert about a week before the expiry date.

snowbound

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thank you Snowbound. I'll see if I get one . Last year I didn't.

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi WilliamP:

If "Enable silent mode" is checked in the Control Center - NOD32 System Tools - NOD32 System Setup - Setup/General Tab, then you will not receive an expiration notice.

5. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

It's worth repeating Not to get hung-up on the fact that if you Renew a week before the Expiration, your New License Expires a year from This date you Renew, not from the old date. Large, multi-users excepted, a license week lost at $27.30/year is 53 cents, and your Options remain the same: Renew a day before expiration, Go thru a Re-Seller to manage the Exact Renewal date, or donate the 53 cents to a very fine AV company. For the future, I'm sure you'll note the use date on the new ID-Password email and mark an "it's about to expire date" in (ie) next year's Outlook or alternate calendar.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

this is NOT correct.

If you first purchased on the 11 March:

Your annual renewal date will be 11 March.

If you pay for your renewal on 11 Feb, your renewal period still starts 11 March.

If you pay for your license after it expires, up to 30 days later (10 April), your renewal still starts 11 March.

Cheers :D

7. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Has the policy changed in the last few months? If it hasn't, Cosmo26 is correct.

I renewed in early November, 2005, and was caught off-guard by the fact that my renewal date began immediately, and not when my old license was to expire. I wrote to Eset and was told:

Which is exactly what Cosmo26 was saying, and what happened to me.

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

The same case with myself as well. Was traveling a lot at the time and, well..., didn't want things to fall through the cracks. Not a major deal, but renewal management could use some attention.

Blue

9. nameless

It's kind of a big deal to me, because I hate having things hanging over my head. I like to be able to renew any time I want (even buy 2 or 3 years' at a time), rather than watch a calendar.

10. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

I have renewed NOD three times now and each year @2 weeks before the expiry date I get an email from Aspect Systems warning me that the licence needs renewing.

It is very clearly stated that if you renew at ANY time prior to expiry ,your new licence starts at the end of the licence period.You do not lose anything.

11. Blackspear

What I have stated is correct in Australia and some other countries, it appears haphazard in the USA, I'll ask someone from Eset to comment regarding their renewal policy.

12. BlueZannetti

My own purchases have been direct from Eset.

Blue

13. Togg

Togg Registered Member

In the UK I got a licence expiry reminder email from Aspect Systems and was able to renew for two years at a reduced rate. I believe there was a three year option as well, but I'm not sure.

14. nameless

We're neither lying nor incorrect. What you describe must be a policy of Aspect Systems, because Eset doesn't do the same thing. (Like Blue, I have always bought directly from Eset.)

15. BlueZannetti

Just so everybody is clear with what nameless is saying, here are the pertinent sections of my past two renewals - on prior ones I lost a tad more time...
    Yes, it's just a few days here. As I recall, my 2003 renewal was over a week off, and it does add up over time and there is no need for this sloppiness for returning customers, but it does appear that resellers manage this situation a tad more sensibly.

Blue

16. Blackspear

And no one is suggesting this. Australia and the UK at least retain your annual renewal date no matter when you pay for the license (so long as it is not more than 30 days after expiry). I have seen several times within this forum where a user complained about losing time with early renewal and it being sorted promptly by Eset.

I don’t think anyone should be penalised because they renew early, no matter what country they live in.

Let’s wait to hear what Eset’s official policy is.

17. Blackspear

One point to note, as far as I am aware, the official update policy is monthly, as in if you order at some point in July, you will in fact maintain updates until the end of July in the following year, however, the 30 day grace period is always from the actual annual renewal date of original purchase.

18. BlueZannetti

My own original purchase was in August.... single digits to mid-August as I recall.

Blue

19. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello folks,

If a 1-year renewal is made online, the new license runs for exactly 12 months from that day. Therefore, users can end up losing a week if they renew as soon as the popup reminder appears. To many of our clients this is no big deal, as Cosmo26 pointed out, it amounts to losing around 53 cents, but some people get a bit cranky about it so we can adjust their expiry date on our database. However the best thing to do is renew the license the day before it expires. The Eset 'powers that be' are discussing how to overcome this issue, in the US at least.

However, many users purchase through resellers, both in the US and several other countries around the world. Resellers and distributors often have their own methods of looking after their clients and managing their licenses. We would need a reseller/distributor from UK, Australia, Brazil or wherever to offer some info here on the forum if some of you folks need more details.

Regards,
    Bandicoot.

20. EdP

EdP Registered Member

Based on the email I received from ESET after my purchase, I know when my subscruption expires, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere in the program. Have I overlooked some nook or cranny?

21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

No you haven't overlooked anything. It's a deficency they will hopefully rectify in the next version.

22. EdP

EdP Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply, hammer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.