DCS Hurry Up and put up the new site

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Too Impatient, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im getting very anxious now waiting for the new product which was supposed to be launched by the end of the year on a brand new site

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005
  2. I'm with you on that one.

Although, I do like to know they are beta testing the hell out of it so that we won't run into any problems later and go crazy.

You gotta look at it from both sides. But yeah, I am getting anxious from this wait as well. But at the same time, I can understand why they are doing this.

I don't think it's laziness, so that's good.

Anyways, I read that it should be out within the next week or so. But don't hold your breath

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005
  3. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I do not remember reading anywhere where DCS claimed that their new product/web site would be released at, or before, any specific time.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

ProcessGuard 3.200 Beta 3 is 100% stable for me, but I want to test it with other things first and run a complete testing phase one last time if all known bugs are gone.

NO mention of date for the website is set, because its a big changeover.

You can see some of the new design on the newer tools pages if you like. Comments welcome and appreciated of course but remember the MENU is missing off the left, and a broken link or two is also expected if you go looking around the pages.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/freeutilities/apm.php
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/freeutilities/apt.php
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/freeutilities/regprot.php

And a few similar free tools pages :)

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

The screenies look good.

6. E B F E

E B F E Guest

Well ... nice site ... just a thing
    Your 404 page refers to the discontinued TDS product
    And well most of what you sell as t shirt coffe mug etc too

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Too Impatient Too,
    The link you provided makes no mention of the release of the new website and makes no promise of the release of new software.

Gavin,
    Will this new version address the issue that we are experiencing with PG's compatibility with Norton, specifically the handling of the Process ID: 4, EraserUtilDrv10500?

8. tlu

tlu Guest

I agree - I just miss the version numbers. Gavin, could you please add them? Thanks!

9. Doesn't make a promise, but it does make it seem like the release is going to be very soon.

Also, I never spoke about the website because when I posted at this topic it was focusing on the release of PG. The mod changed the topic title and made it about the website. So... :(

The original topic was something like " ~snipped~ DCS when are u gonna release the new PG and fix the site" or something like that LOL...

So anyways, I was reffering the the PG release, dunno about the site though.

good day

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Actually....the Title has only been edited by a Mod one time and the original title was....DCS Hurry Up and put up the new site....minus the same word I view as inappropriate that I snipped out of your latest post.

11. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Looks nice! I really like what I saw but I have to ask what is the graphic supposed to represent? It just looks like a strange shape of an alien something. You're not doing a NOD32 version 1 alien blob thing are you? :D Looking at it again, is that supposed to be a wrencho_O :doubt: Can't be...what would a wrench have to do with DiamondCS? :rolleyes:

12. so are you guys going to keep to your word and have this product out by the end of the year??!!

Comon just give us a flappin date dont be such drama queens

13. I just wanted to add that it is not that easy to know that 3.2 was released.

The website was never updated and the sticky topic for the previous version is still there in the forum...

14. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have assumed that is deliberate because of all the bugs. I mean a significant number of us can't even install the new version because we have NO GUI when we do. That is a huge bug. I don't think DiamondCS wants to be inundated by posts and support requests from every XP SP1 user who installs this and finds they have no GUI and then doesn't know how to uninstall it because it is running and they can't stop it (because of no GUI) so it can be uninstalled. Many won't think to try Safe Mode to uninstall the running program.

DSLreports appended my thread there in the Security Vendors forum warning users about this to the updates thread which is copied all over the net to various blogs, forums, etc. so at least a lot of folks know to not install this if they have SP1.

Why would you want DiamondCS to put 3.2 on their website at the present time? It was reckless enough of them to release this without another beta to test if the NO GUI bug was fixed. I certainly hope they will continue to show some restraint after the fact and not promote this buggy, screwy version until it works better for those able to use it and those who cannot presently use it are able to do so.

15. andreika

andreika Guest

Maybe it's reasonable to wait a little more and release something like version update 3.201 on the new site with "no GUI" bug fixed.
    Personally, I have XPsp1 and don't want to risk - I'm still waiting for the official DiamondCS response on this bug.

16. I dont care about 3.2 what has that got to do with anything

I am more interested in their super secret program that they have been working on and promised us before the end of the year

17. peewee

peewee Guest

A promise? Wow that's cool - please let me see a link to that! I only saw the part where they said "with any luck" and I haven't found the promise one yet...

18. Carver

Carver Guest

I hate not knowing what the current version is, when I download something I add the version number to my download. It helps in house keeping, not reinstalling a old version. In cases of acidental deleteion or other accident of current program, it is a good idea to have a backup copy.

19. Carver

Carver Guest

I believe the expression is "Its just around the corner"

The only way I knew that Process Guard came out was by reading about it here, not on the web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.