Don't Overwrite Previous Images!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steverino, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steverino

Steverino Guest

I am testing True Image 9 on Windows XP Home SP 2.

I would like to do a full backup of my C (system) drive every day of the week at the same time. I want to maintain previous images, i.e., I don't want an image to overwrite the previous day's image.

I want to keep the last seven images, so image #8 overwrites image #1, image #9 overwrites image #2, etc. In this way, I always have the last seven images of my C drive.

This is very easy to do in Norton Ghost 10. But in True Image 9, the only way I can see to do this is to setup seven separate backup tasks, e.g., called Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc.

Please tell me I'm wrong...that I'm overlooking something. I also want to maintain the last 14 full backups of My Documents - very easy to do with Ghost, but this seems impossible to do with True Image.

Steverino

2. plover

plover Guest

As a user of Ghost 9 I asked the same question of Acronis.

Somewhere in this forum they replied to me that they do not do this and it will be considered for a future release.

It's really a shame not to have this.

3. Steverino

Steverino Guest

Too bad. Unfortunately, that's a deal-breaker for me. If True Image did this, I could overlook the fact that it won't backup to optical media on its own. But scheduling image creation is central to my backup strategy.

I will definitely try True Image again, once it has these two capabilities.

Steverino

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Steverino,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

plover is correct, since there is no other way to "cycle" backup archive creation then to create a number of separate scheduled tasks (seven tasks in your case).

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The ability to "cycle" backup archive creation will most likely be implemented in the future versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please also note that if you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product then please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.