Attention: German Users

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Happy Bytes, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

New telekom trojan spammed. Claims to be a telekom bill ("rechnung.pdf.exe")
    and has the PDF Type Icon. Executable is 11205 bytes in size and FSG packed. Tries to download a encrypted server list (rotating destinations) which are leading to "direct-point" IP addresses. The downloaded executable installs a rootkit type banker trojan - this is currently under analysis here.

The Trojan was proactively detected as "a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent.UF trojan"

So please, you do not have a 300+ EUR phone bill, no need to read this :D

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, heuristics save the day again, so no worry...but my question is...how dumb can u be to open an rechnung.pdf.exe file? :D

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The average person does NOT look at the extensions, well not in my experience. Try a question like "I know you.pif" or "Is this you. whatever extension", I personally seen individuals open both thinking it was someone sending them something. In one such case, they were concerned that this was indeed someone that they knew sending them something. Ol Nod sprung into action and frightened the hell out of both of them with a great big RED screen, followed by a high pitched arrrrgggghhhhh :D :D :D

Or try the one flying through Messenger about two weeks ago from your friends, "Wow is this you?.exe, that then killed Norton after you executed it and sent out the same file to all your contacts. Given the right question we as humans forget curious and just click :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cheers :D

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yup, NODs warning screen is the most frightening one I've ever seen - That's a good thing BTW :D

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Agreed, wouldn't want anything less, can NOT miss it :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.