IMON Fails to Restart

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by slider1968, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slider1968

slider1968 Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 2.5, Zonelabs Pro and Pestpatrol.
    Despite selecting start on IMON and restarting IMON is always turned off on restart.
    I have read a number of threads on similar issues but have failed to sort it out.
    Have re-installed NOD, turned off Zonelabs and Pestpatrol but still get same result.
    Any ideaso_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi slider1968, welcome to Wilders.

Can you please try a Winsock Repair.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  3. slider1968

Thanks

Tried Winsock Repair but has made no difference. Anything else you can think of:doubt:

4. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Try and completely uninstall and re-install NOD and see how you go, also make sure that you re-boot the PC.

5. slider1968

I've tried a complete uninstall/reinstall but that made no difference.

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Uninstall Zone Alarm and NOD, Then reinstall NOD and then ZA. Both use LSPs that stop the other from installing correctly. As far as I know there is no known work around for the LSP issue between the two products. Then do the winsock fix as mentioned if it still doesn't work, that solved my problem at least anyway.

7. Blackspear

8. slider1968

Thanks for all your help.
    I uninstalled pestpatrol in the end. Pestpatrol was starting up before NOD32 which was causing some conflict now all OK. Anyone else had this problem with Pestpatrol? Would like to run it as well but not if there is a conflict. It was set on active protection. :D

9. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

So is this fixed yet or does it mean that all a hacker has to do is find machines with both Pest patrol and NOD 32 installed in order to infect machines?

What good is Imon if it can be disabled so easily - Hmmmmm...

Dave

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

IMON is just an additional level of protection to AMON :)

11. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I"ve had the same problem and the only thing i have in common with you is that I too have Pestpatrol 5 with active protections set to on.

The only thing the confuses me... Is I think I have had IMON turn off "after" it already successfully came on during bootup?

Could it be that pestpatrol does an update or something that could kill it?

12. windstrings

So far... every time I've seen IMON not start it was when the computer first starts.. possibly pestpatrol is the culprit?

If so.... I sure wish NOD could fix this... it seems NOD responsiblity since NOD is the one that crashes.... pestpatrol runs fine.

That may seem unfair, but pestpatrol is compatible with NOD because it still runs in the presence of NOD. But NOD cannot start properly consistently in the presence of pestpatrol?

13. windstrings

Blackspear... does repair in IMON fix imon?.... I thought that was to fix winsock issues?

14. flyrfan111

It resets the enitre network adapter, or forces the OS to rebuild it, sometimes things get corrupted and a refresh straightens things out.

15. Blackspear

It is different, to Winsock Repair, in your case I would try Winsock Repair and then IMON's "repair", they have 2 different functions, though similar in nature.

16. flyrfan111

Hey buddy, what's the difference? I thought they both rebuild the network adapter. I never nooticed a difference using Winsock repair so now I only use the repair tab in IMON properties.

17. Blackspear

G'day Mate, I always knew there was a difference, though only through experience; basically gave up using the repair feature in IMON when I found out about repairing Winsock using Winsock XP Fix if an issue is seen with connections. As to exactly what the difference is, Rumpstah explains a little further here.

Maybe Marcos or Happy Bytes could enlighten us a little more.

18. windstrings

The main need I've had for winsock repair was when I get rid of McAfee's on some systems they won't be able to access the net after that... It kills the winsock!.... If you have ever ran Mcafee.. you will notice from time to time that a window would pop up saying it sensed a change in the winsock connection and it would reboot or somethingo_O? its been a while now.. going by memory.

But after running the fix.. things work as good as a charm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.