DrWEB 4.33 and Processguard

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mongol, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Just checking to see if anyone has had any success running Processguard with the new version of DrWEB. I have a definite conflict on my computer even after setting Processguard to learning mode and freeing up all the blocked elements. Even excluded Processguard in DrWEB. I had to log into safe mode and remove the guard then everything ran swimmingly.. o_O :eek: :doubt:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Guest

Mongol,

You are not alone. I too am unable to run Dr.Web v4.33 with ProcessGuard. Computer locks up as soon as it gets to the desktop. Also had to boot into safe mode to uninstall ProcessGuard. Tried to uninstall ProcessGuard pursuant to the directions in the PG forum which included cleaning the registry and left over PG files, then reinstalled PG. Did not help, same symptoms. Once PG is removed, system with Dr.Web v4.33 runs great.

I am a registered user of both programs. I hope Wayne at DiamondCS will look into this and provide us with some insight.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

There is something between these two, they seem like two Japanese Beta fish in one tank. I even noticed that downloading Processguard took a long time as DrWEB seemed to be sniffing it out and sending it to the recycle bin was the same... :eek:

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I would also suggest that you send some information about your problem to Dr Web's support and/or post over on the DW forum.

5. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

That's what I notice as a pain in the neck.......Dr.Web 4.33 seems to be sniffing out everything that's sent to the recycle bin and some big files take ages being deleted.

;) Putin

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Have you noticed that scanning your system also seems to take a good bit longer?. My scan last evening took 33 minutes, thats on my simple little home setup... :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Thats what I was thinking and I'm gonna do it now. Since nothing has changed with Processguard in over a year it has to be some bugga-boo with DrWEB. Thanks for the nudge... :D

8. Benvan45

Yes I also noticed that. I mailed Dr. Web support to report these findings and am awaiting their response.

;) Putin

9. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi Putin
    Whenever they give you an answer, will you be kind enough to share it with us?
    Cheers :)

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I would like to know whether you receive a response.

I have reported my problems with the new version to both support and their forum. As yet no replies. This is unusual, as generally I have found them to be very responsive in the last 3-4 months or so.

So I am hoping that maybe version 4.33b is on its way soon :blink:

11. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

It has been my experience that technical questions they don't know the answer to they don't respond to until they do. Not that I think that is a good practice but just saying that is what I have noticed.
    I have seen a complaint in the Russian forum about 100% CPU usage so I'm quite sure they are aware of it and are looking in to it. And as you say, maybe 4.33b is on the way. :)
    Anyway, I would think a corrected version would be out before too long as I think there are a few kinks still to be worked out.
    For example, 4.33 runs fine on this computer except I have seen the scanner "stumble", give an error message and shutdown when scanning some files. By process of elimination I was able to locate these and just excude them but it is still weird. One was a file in Norton Ghost - Live Update that had a weird file association and a total size of zero bytes. The other file was a url in my son's account Favorites folder. It really doesn't make sense to me that it fails on scanning those files but it does.
    I have seen this issue about the scanner "stumbling" brought up on the forums already so as of yet I haven't reported it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  12. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    IMHO it works, but....but with a few bizzare quirks.
    Now on my machine Safe N Sec doesn't work (scanning and updating).
    Anyhow, I will keep at it and have the SNS people get involved with finding a solution.
    Cheers :)

13. Benvan45

This is their response:

Hello,

> Dear Sirs,
    > After updating to version 4.33, it seems to take ages before deletion of large files. Is Dr.Web scanning these as well? In a way it's ok, but why is it taking so long before a file has reached the recycle bin? I find this very disturbing. I hope you can inform me about this and /or help to change the configuration maybe to avoid this?
    > Thank you in advance.

Please, check the "SpiderNT Settings"|"Log file"|Details->"Scanned
    objects" checkbox (and apply new settings). Then delete 2-3 samples of
    large files you wrote about to reproduce the situation.
    Then please send the spidernt.log file to us.
    We'll try to work it out.

> Yours truly,
    > Ben
    > The Netherlands
    >

--
    Best regards, Mike Kolyadko
    Doctor Web, Ltd., Technical Support department
    http://support.drweb.com/

14. Benvan45

They are looking in to it......and as soon as I have an answer, you'll know about it. Ofcourse!!!

;) Putin

15. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Good news...contact has been made. Bellgamin has posted here that Mike Kolyadko seems to be the person to go to to really get things done. I emailed them about the Processguard issue late yesterday and hope to hear something back soon... :D

16. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I've confirmed this problem. It does appear to be a driver conflict caused by SpiderNT. I have also tried the internal PG 3.200 and the problem still exists, despite numerous changes.

If you disable SpiderNT with the included Control Panel icon, everything works fine. Could be a case of over aggressive hooking, or problems with hooking something we hooked (double-hooking). Not expecting PG to be at fault, the old version 4.32 is indeed working fine.

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

News from DrWEB. Mike Kolyadko emailed back from customer service and they are aware of the Processguard problem and working to resolve it now...

18. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Guest

Any word on when we can expect a fix Serge or AndreyKa? Thanks.

19. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I received an email on Monday that they are working towards a fix to the DrWEB and Processguard issue. I hope its pretty soon, the combination of these two makes your computer pretty close to impenetrable...:eek: :cool:

20. Serge Popov

Serge Popov Guest

I can confirm what we are working on this problem. I'd like to invite you to http://bugs.drweb.com, where you can submit a bug report. Of course, its not necessary for a problem to be considered, but makes things more controllable and clear. We really appreciate it.

21. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Great to hear that the Processguard and DrWEB issue is in the mix to be fixed. I submitted a bug report. Its also good to have you DrWEB folks stopping by here at Wilders. You have quite a fan club of DrWEB users here, cheers...:D

22. Serge Popov

Serge Popov Guest

Dr.Web vs ProcessGuard issue has been fixed in version 4.33.1.11110. With earlier versions add the following files to SpIDer Guard's Exclude Paths:

%SystemRoot%\system32\pghash.dat
    %SystemRoot%\system32\pguard.dat
    %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\procguard.sys

23. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Great news and thanks for the update...:eek: :D Woo-Hoo I hit 200 posts...

24. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

25. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

[​IMG]

tD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.