AMON vista

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ruh01, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruh01

ruh01 Registered Member

Why AMON of NOD32 blocks the opening of all folders on Desktop and in Start menu in Vista Ultimate? When stopping manually AMON everything works but when starting again all goes back wrong? Please help

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Can you be more specific ...

In the meantime do the following:

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version or
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Temporary disable UAC . Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1 . Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Perform full scan

3. ruh01

ruh01 Registered Member

I have Vista Ultimate, downloaded the newest nod32 installer earlier, specific link for vista 32 bit and installed normally. I chose typical instalation. uAC is permanently disabled, so is firewall, so is defender. After reboot NOD32 updated normally but all folders on desktop and My Computer folder were blocked, there was an error message saying "C:\.....and the respective path is not accessible. Access denied." The same error with all my folders on desktop and my computer and folders from Start menu. If i tried to open a folder by double click, the same error. If right click and chose explore, the same error. After stopping manually AMON it came back to normal. So I uninstalled NOD32, restarted PC, installed it again in advanced mode, deselected Enable AMON. After restar it went ok untill I manually started AMON. So it is clear something connected to AMON.

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

That's really weird. On Vista Home Premium (32-bit) it works flawless.
    Maybe you should contact customer support (support at eset.com) with a link to this thread. Maybe they can help you out.

5. ruh01

ruh01 Registered Member

:D already did, answer was

Hello,

Has your computer already had any other antivirus product installed on it. Norton? McAfee?, etc.?

Regards,
    Eset Customer Care

So I have to wait for someone really willing to help and to go deep inside the problem because it is weird. I myself know something about computers, no novice hehe, also modest, hehe, but it is a deeper root of evil

Edited...if necessary I can put back NOD32 and make a screen capture to post here.

Edited again...here are 2 screencaptures with errors. I also noticed that quick launch toolbar dissapears permanently, be it with AMON started or disabled. In its place there remains an empty space, of the same dimension with the previous quicklaunch toolbar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  6. ruh01

ruh01 Registered Member

UPDATE

Hehe, found the answer by myself. Maybe can be useful for others, too. It was a conflict with Toplang File Lock program, due to the fact that this software uses ecryption at kernel level where AMON also acts. However, it is ok now. Looking forward impatiently to seeing the Eset Smart Security with firewall.

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Awesome, and thanks for the update ;)

8. ruh01

ruh01 Registered Member

Brian, a piece of advice can save the day :D , if someone uses this ideea and solves a problem, then I am even happier. By extension, I think that there may be a chance that most programs that use kernel encrypttion might generate a conflict with AMON. I'll even post a warning on eset smart seciruty beta for ESET to take care of this problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.