Would FD-ISR have saved me ?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Banshee, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hi All,

I wonder if FD would have saved me from this mess.

A few days ago i got myself a copy of Fd but maybe,now, it's a bit too late.Let me explain.

I have a P4 3,gh and 250gb hd. I had ATI for over 2 years now and never had a problem

restoring images.Never ever.Till 2 weeks ago.

What happened is that my pc started rebooting at random.One day it would not even load the

OS.So I rebooted,hit f11 to get the ATI pre-boot screen and my pc went beeeeeeeeeep and it

wouldn't stop beeping till I hit power reset.I tried many times..Same result... beeeeeeep

and all that.

I then inserted my original Xp cd and rebooted again. It would start the usual procedure of

reinstalling Xp and then I would get some *.exe or *.dll error.Tried reinstalling xp from

the cd over and over again but no joy.I am stuck with my old p4 with 128 of ram now :-(.

I called tech support, explained everything to the best of my ability.They made me do stuff

at the pc and eventually told me that probably my hard drive is gone and that they will send

a technician.I called them so many times they keep on telling me to call back later.This has

been going on for 2 weeks.What a pain.

Now I have Fd installed on this old pc and was wondering if I could do something about it?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I really don't know what to do.:oops:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

B

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Hard to tell, if FDISR would have saved you. Maybe you have a hardware failure.
    FDISR isn't foolproof either and sometimes I need ATI to restore my computer, maybe it wasn't necessary, but I don't take any chances and my knowledge isn't big enough to fix problems. If FDISR can't fix it, ATI will fix it.

Once I installed F-Secure Internet Security and I was stucked in an infinite loop of reboot and couldn't get to Windows.
    I pressed the F1 key on the FDISR Splash Screen and I was back in business.

It depends on what is wrong.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Did you check your bios? I seem to remember something about a beeping in connection with that. I apologize if I'm off base with that, it was a long time ago.

4. Banshee

>FDISR isn't foolproof either and sometimes I need ATI to restore my >computer, maybe it wasn't necessary, but I don't take any chances and my >knowledge isn't big enough to fix problems. If FDISR can't fix it, ATI will fix >it.

It happened to you that FDSIR couldn't fix something but ATI did ?

In which case I better keep ATI as well...

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

ATI never failed on me, when FDISR couldn't do the job/

This is my PERSONAL way to deal with software problems :
    1. I don't waste my time on finding the real cause of a problem (small or big)
    2. I'm not an expert of computers, Windows, Internet, Security, Malware either.
    3. So if any problem occurs I use my recovery solutions to fix it.
    4. FDISR does that all for me as quick as possible, that's why I paid more than $70 for it.
    5. If FDISR fails, I use ATI to fix it and ATI never failed on me.
    6. If ATI fails, I still have my archived snapshots to fix it.

FDISR can fail, ATI can fail, but the chance that both fail at the SAME TIME, is VERY RARE in practice.
    The same with my 3 harddisks, one disk can crash, but not all three at the same time. :)

I'm not an expert in anything, but I'm not stupid either and my experience as an application analyst helps me alot of course.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  6. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

FD will almost always work.................I have had one problem in 2 years caused by a clash with Shadowprotect (VSS)

but....
    if the hard disk fails you will still need ATI. ​

If the motherboard fails unless your are lucky or using ATI with Uni restore​
    or have sys prep ATI images you will still need to restore.

So I'd create a base ATI image (sys prep) and then use FD archives to store snapshots on another disk and then take ATI images as you like

7. Banshee

Bios ? what should I check in there ? I have no idea what to look for...:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.