Scan and clean scans fewer files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ocky, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Another beginners conundrum. The scheduled scan using NOD32 Control Center Profile (Blackspear's settings) scans about 120000 files/etc. and there are several locked ones.
    However when running scan and clean from the NOD32 Control Center with the identical Control Center Profile, only about 55300 files/etc. are scanned and there is only one file locked (pagefile.sys).
    Why the difference in the number of locked files and the total number scanned ?

BTW. Now have paid version :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Are you sure it is the same profile ?

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Yes it is the same profile. The Control Center Profile with Blackspear's setup and action settings. Very strange indeed.

Attached Files:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The BS's Tutorial shows you how to run NOD32.EXE as an external applications and then run the scan. Have you done so or you have used the Schduler , choose Scheduled scan and then choose profile ?

If you have configured your profile correctly and if you choose the Scheduler to run a scheduled scan with the same profile , it should be the same .

If it is not your mistake in placing the commands or setting-up manually the Control Center profile , I am empty ... I have no other ideas, Ocky .

Hope Marcos or someone else can help . :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :)

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Have checked again. It is only when running the Scheduler (Run Now) or during a normal scheduled task (weekly), that the files scanned are many more as per my scan only screenshot. The screenshot should really be headed Scan with Scheduler.
    From the Control Center>NOD32>Run NOD32 and selecting either 'Scan' or 'Scan and Clean' results in fewer files being scanned and only one locked item. o_O

6. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

just a guess but it may be because when you run a task through the scheduler, it runs as SYSTEM account, whereas when you launch it via the control center yourself, it runs as your own user account. System can obviously access more files than the user (at least it does the same on my computer, even if i'm administrator), so that may be why.

7. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thank you IcePanther. Are you saying that it is the same with you ? So ideally, when scanning one should do it via the Scheduler ? If so cleaning as per Blackspears settings would not be automatic.

Sorry, another question: In the NOD32 on-demand scanner setup > Extensions, should 'All Files' be ticked. Blackspear's tutorial does not refer to this.

Thankful for any advice.

8. IcePanther

Yes, but it is ticked by default.

Also, you're welcome :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  9. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

OK evrything is now fine. For some reason scan all files was not ticked in Extensions. Now wherever I launch the scan or scan and clean from, it does
    all the files and all the locked ones appear in the log again - as with the scheduled scan.
    Thanks again for your patience. :cool:

10. IcePanther

You're welcome :D

Glad to know the problem's been tracked and solved, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.