Is it a legitimate way to obtain a free 90 day licence?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by magictoaster, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magictoaster

magictoaster Registered Member

I found this while looking for an NOD32 rebate or discount coupon. I've edited the instruction to remove the links provided :

Go to ********* and complete the form. Don't worry if you can't read chinese, just complete the following fields with the apropriate data:
    1st field: name
    2nd field: e-mail (use a valid e-mail)
    3rd field: retype the e-mail

The rest of the fields are optional. Don't check the checkbox unless you want NOD32 newsletters (or spam in chinese)!

Press the left button for submitting the data. The second button is in case you don't receive a serial number in less then 30 minutes. If you don't then refill the form with the same data as you did before and press this button instead of the sumission button.

You will have to wait for the e-mail for about 30 minutes or less.

Note: be sure to check the bulk/spam folder too as most e-mail providers consider this as junk and it won't reach your inbox!

The e-mail that you will get from ********* contains a Serial Number marked with red-underlined text. For those that want to know, the email contains instructions on how to obtain the ID and Password from the Serial Number but the whole process is in chinese only so that's why you don't need the rest of its contents.

The next step is to apply for an ID and Password using the Serial Number you got. Go to NOD32 ******** registration page and complete the form. Just the first four fields are required. You can leave the rest as they are. As you can see the form is in both chinese and english so it's easyer to understand.

In a few minutes you will recive an e-mail containing an ID and Password valid for 90 days. You can go to Eset and download from the Download Purchased Software page the standard variant of the latest version 2 NOD32 available! When you install NOD32 be sure to enter the ID and Password when you are required to do so!

2. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

Almost certainly not!

Why not just pay the full price wherever you live? NOD's not expensive - in the UK roughly the price of a good take-away and a few beers.

Cheap at twice the price :) and you will sleep at night.

3. magictoaster

It did indeed appear strange, but it's sometime hard to resist a good (maybe to good) deal. I was just asking because of the 90 days license and the fact that it might have been a special promotion offered in China. By the way, no worry, I was a regular NOD32 user but I jumped ship (I know, I'm a monster! ;-) ) for KIS a few months ago... My system appears a little more sluggish so I'll be returning to NOD32 soon.

But if it's in fact not a legitimate way to obtain a license, it's still feasable so maybe Eset should be looking it to it! ;)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Although such an attractive offers seems a little bit phishy for me , you'd better ask someone from ESET whether this is real offer .

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I'd leave right away.

6. magictoaster

Hi Brian!

It's from http://www.nod32club.com (not the complete URL) and it look quite legitimate ... That's what makes it even stranger!

As for the other form that must be completed, it's from http://nod32.com.hk (again, not the complete URL), also looking quite legitimate...

BTW, I'm not looking to make a fuss about this whole thing, I'm just curious! ;-)

7. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Ive obtained my 3 month key trough a form on a NOD website reseller. After you get a mail from NOD for the trial licence.

It's legit!

I don't know why somebody in the thread would want to keep you away from a free 3 month license that is offered by NOD. You can always extend your license later.

example: http://nod32.nl/purchase/reseller/default.aspx
    http://www.ppsys.nl/

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not legit if you are outside of China / Hong Kong. Such licenses will be canceled.

9. magictoaster

Hi Marcos!

Thanks for the information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.