snap restore failed miserably

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I am using the latest build 3677.
    I had to restore my system from an image backup in the acronis secure zone.
    I initially wanted to use the snap restore and after the 'operation was successful' screen flashed, rebooted the system. Surprisingly, it did not get past the windows xp startup screen and I waited for about 15 minutes without anything happening.
    Subsequently i restored my system from the same image using the standard procedure by restoring all partitons.
    I did not face this problem with the earlier build where it worked wonderfully as is evident from my post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=128759
    Any views from support ?

2. scaa

scaa Registered Member

It is indeed surprising that support did not even bother to put up some comment on my problem.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home build 3677 before and therefore cannot provide you with the definite solution or workaround at the moment.

I'm afraid that the only way to investigate the problem of this sort is to reproduce it.

If you want us to proceed with the investigation then please do the following:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once more and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Reproduce the problem, i.e. try to restore the operating system using Acronis Snap Restore;

- Boot the computer having the issue from this beforehand created diskette and wait for the report creation process to finish;

- Restore the image as usual in order to revert your system to a working\bootable state;

- Boot into Windows and collect the report file from the floppy;

- Rename the reports collected to report_before.txt and report_after.txt accordingly.

If you do not have a floppy drive then we recommend that you borrow one, if possible of course, in order to perform the above actions. Otherwise, you can connect the hard drive containing the restored non-bootable operating system to any other "healthy" computer, i.e. computer which can successfully boot into Windows, and create a report from within Windows as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also let us know if you received any error, warning or informational messages. If yes, then please provide the exact text of these messages. Also let us know when these messages appear exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Request for techniocal support submitted along with all reports as requested o_O

5. scaa

scaa Registered Member

As desired, I had sent all reports. After receiving no response for about a week, I sent another mail .
    The response sent to me on 12th Sept, 2006 mentioned that my problem has been forwarded to the DEVELOPMENT TEAM and that SOME DELAY would definitely take place.
    I waited for the SOME DELAY till 19th October, 2006, (MORE THAN A MONTH) and on realising that version 10 has been released sent another mail mentioning the fact that my issue was still unresolved.
    I got a reply on the same day requesting me to TRY version 10 and then let support know the results.
    IS THIS THE WAY MY PROBLEM WITH THE EARLIER VERSION IS RESOLVED?
    HAS SUPPORT FOR THE PREVIOUS VERSION STOPPED?
    I feel this is a VERY SHODDY work from support in my case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.