No support for Dell PowerEdge 2950 with PERC 5i RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EDUYork, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDUYork

EDUYork Registered Member

The subject says it all. I'm unable to see any hard drives with a boot disk (Linux drivers missing I guess), and beyond that an attempt to back up manually to Acronis Secure Zone pauses at 8% for 10-15 minutes and then returns a "Failed - unknown error" message. I'm unable to use Acronis products on my servers.

An idea if support for Dell PERC 5i will materialize?

Thanks

2. dpaessler

dpaessler Registered Member

Same here. When booting from the resue media TrueImage either can't find any hard disk drives or it crashes while searchng. Please provide a fix soon! :doubt:

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

When the standard rescue CD does not have the latest drivers a work around is to create a BART PE CD with TI plugin. Not only will you be able to have the correct drivers but is also is usually a lot quicker !

Xpilot

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

I can confirm that!

5. ELXlabrat

ELXlabrat Registered Member

What version of TI are you using? I received 3 of these units earlier in the week configured for RAID5. Installed SLES10, installed TI Agent & imaged without issue. Reconfigured creating 4 individual RAID0 virtual disks and restored the image to all 3 units via the rescue CD, again without issue. Using build 3718.

6. jgantes

jgantes Registered Member

What is "TI"? We've been using PE for a couple years and typically have great success using 2000 or XP drivers for PERC support.

However, I'm getting fatal errors when booting with PE and the 2000 drivers for the PERC 5i on our new 2950's.

Appreciate any input.

7. ELXlabrat

ELXlabrat Registered Member

True Image Enterprise Server v9.1 build 3718. Boot CD generated by same worked OK for me with PERC 5i RAID. Just luckyo_O

8. jgantes

jgantes Registered Member

I can't get the 2k3 or 2k drivers to work with my 5i in WinPE. What could I be doing wrong? Of course, PE is based on XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.