Req: NOD32 CeBIT 2006 presentation..

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by iNsuRRecTioN, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi there,

does anyone have a vid or so for me from the NOD32 v3 CeBIT 2006 presentation?

Or does anyone have the PDF/Power Point presentation from the CeBIT 2006 from Eset?

I hope someone can help me :D

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

2. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I would be happy with any official information on v3 to be honest with you. :)

3. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

Yeah I think its time for some Info : )

4. TradeMark

TradeMark Registered Member

I do not understand why they want it to keep secret?!

I mean many people out there has already seen some offical information on CeBIT.
    I think its unjust againt us all :(

I really miss too se any info about it. And yeah i also think it's time now to show some info about it.

5. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I think the official info is: There will be a new version in future (v3), and it will be a suite. As this is probably all to know at the moment, there is nothing more to add, so I would not bother everyday about v3 for the next months. When a beta is ready to test, they will for sure announce it.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, we don't ask for the release dates...
    But simply basic info on what we can expect, backd up with few screenshots and we'll be happy. Add disclaimer at beginning and end that this doesn't represent final features and you're done (to avoid nagging of users in case they decide to change something in final stages of developement).

7. iNsuRRecTioN

Hey,

yeah and why we can't get these pdf or power point presentation slides from the CeBIT 2006 NOD32 v3 show, as everybody had seen there..? o_O :(

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yeah a screenshot would be awesome right about now :cool:

9. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I have to agree. I find it interesting - and a little disheartening - that any yokel who paid for a CeBIT ticket has more information on v3 than the Eset Fan Club members. I think some information should be forthcoming, beyond a rehashed posting of camera shots of CeBIT and taglines from promotional posters.

We're not asking for the whole bottle of wine, just a peek at the label.

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You are losing your time... :(

11. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

I think, you mean wasting :D

12. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Right :D

13. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Everyone here is wasting their time; ESET will tell us nothing because they do not respect their "fan club." What other reason could there be for the lack of information, or even a screenshot.

I like NOD very much and directed numerous people to NOD, but I'm getting very upset and believe I have a right to complete system security. Their are holes in NOD's security, at least compared to KAV and BitDefender; registry protection. I need to know if these features are going to be added. I think their lack of respect for us might make me switch.

But I better stop before I get censored again for being "anti-NOD." Just my $.02.

14. ejr

ejr Registered Member

You aren't being disrespected. Disrespect would be to tease you with "potential" information about future releases that may or may not come to fruition. Disrespect would be to release a beta WAY too early or to show screenshots or list features that may or may not end up in the product.

As for switching, If you think that you get better protection with another AV solution, then a switch makes sense. It's not like you can't switch back to NOD down the road when V3 is ready. If V2 isn't giving you the protection you want, why stay with it? Personally, I feel good about the level of protection that the current version of NOD32 provides me. If I didn't, it wouldn't be on my machine.

15. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Oh, then I guess NOD v3 was released during cebit many were told; both here and at other forums. Well, your right then, what I am takling about. ESET makes no empty promises.

16. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Anyone from ESET here o_O
    Nothing to say to us o_Oo_O

17. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

Guys, in german we call it " Eiertanz" what we are doing actually here. :D
    Maybe in english it means Eggdancing :D It's fact, we have to wait for an official statement from ESET.

The only chance I see getting some infos from HB is to send him a couple palettes of beer. :rolleyes:

18. rothko

rothko Registered Member

Nicely put, and seconded by me - gizza peek!

19. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Let's say IBK told what you wanted to know.

20. shanijee

shanijee Registered Member

i miss you nod32 v3

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

2.5/3.0*100 = 83.33%

You've already got 83.33% of NOD32 3.0, so be happy :p

Frankly, I feel that all that needs to be revealed (about v3) at this point has been revealed. Further info will come when its ready to be revealed. Simple as that.

We already know the core features of the application (AV, Firewall, AntiSpam, AntiSpyware, Anti-Phishing), and from this we know that its on par with other Security Suites feature-wise. We know it will provide good protection. The rest can be seen later.

Hardware companies don't provide us details of the next big chip they are producing. Should we start asking Intel to give us samples of Conroe, or NVIDIA to show us a sneak peek of the G80 DX10 graphics chip?

NOD32 is Eset's software, Eset decides when to release info and when not to.

So, we must be patient, and wait. :)

P.S.:- I think the engine will be enhanced with even better packer support and some nice improvements to the heuristics engine.

22. SSK

SSK Registered Member

{(3.0 -/- 2.51)/2.51}*100 = 19.52%; rounded to significance: 20%

So, version 3 will give us an improvement of around 20%! I like that! :D

(Thanks Firecat for providing the idea! :thumb: )

23. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, IBK said something about few months so drink your coffee and relax. :D

24. iNsuRRecTioN

Hey,

you're absolutely wrong!

At the CeBIT 2006, they claim, that they should name NOD32 v3, NOD32 v4, because of the huge new features and improvements..

So I think your funny calculation is wrong.. :p

Second, hardware companies, who show their new graphic chip and cards on CeBIT and give a show, they also giving that information everyone to the internet, but Eset don't publish anything to the internet, only the guys on the NOD32 v3 show on CeBIT 2006 get these infos..! :cautious: :mad: :thumbd:

To the "switch people"..I think NOD32 is a great AV, but the support isn't that good, like it is e.g. with Kaspersky and it's official own support/suggest/complain and info forum..

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

25. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

That's YOUR oppinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.