Australian Resellers

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Itsme, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Hi,

I've been using Nod32 for quite some time now.

Since a few months I took a year off and now I'm travelling around Australia (currently in Airlie Beach). My tourleader (who is Australian) just recently bought a new laptop installed with ..ahmm .. Norton...

I think she could do much better with Nod32 but being IT novice I think she will - sooner or later - require phone support. So I was thinking of advising her to buy Nod32 from a local reseller... but on the web I cannot find more info than

NOD32 Australia - Contact Information

Mailing address :
    NOD32 Australia
    PO Box 29
    Kallangur 4503
    Queensland
    Australia
    Phone : 07 5462 5635

Sales inquiries only : Click here to email . . .

Support : 07 5462 5635
    Free for licensed users - 9am to 4pm ( EST ) Monday to Friday.
    ( After hours support is available at extra cost. )
    unquote

She lives in Newcastle. I would appreciate to know if there is a local reseller somewhere in the Newcastle region... or if not, what would be the best other alternative.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Itsme

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Here is a list of regulars to these forums who would be just a few of the potentials Australian resellers:

Beng - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Blackspear – Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
    Chiana - Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Computer Answers - Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
    NOD32 user - Swan Hill, Victoria, Australia.
    Rodzilla - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
    Sagittarius - Gympie and Pomona, Queensland, Australia.
    VanGoogle - Rockhampton Queensland, Australia.

hth

Greg

3. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Oh and Blackspear in the Gold Coast dosent surf -- *shudder at the thought* :p

/DaK/

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

LOL, nope, I stay out of their living room, and they stay out of mine :rolleyes: ;) :D

Attached Files:

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

travel north, where (apparently) the great white doesn't like the warm waters - although I did come pretty flippin close to a Tiger shark during one dive... that was a good test of the ticker... ;)

6. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Blackspear Gold Coast!

me to, Tugun/Bundall

G'day mate :D

7. Blackspear

LOL, G'day mate :D

8. daze62

daze62 Registered Member

I hope there are other resellers in Australia. Antivirus Australia, the current website contacts, operate on the "pay per service" principle. I would have thought paying for a 2 year licence would be enough, but a friend needed their username and password recovered after a system crash and they want $10 to email her details.

9. daze62

daze62 Registered Member

FYI - copy of email reply

I know we used to be able to submit our registered email address on the support page and details would be sent automatically. I had to do this once a year or so back.
    This new policy seems a really bad backward step. I have personally recommended Nod32 to a number of friends and family (basically, anyone who asked me which antivirus I recommended) including this one. Unless this is fixed, I will have to reconsider.

10. Blackspear

It is not a new policy, it was implemented to diminish the amount of support calls placed on a small business. Every single client is advised to keep their UN and PW safe or a $10.00 fee will be charged by Nod32 Australia for reissue of it to cover administrative costs.

I know of a person that lost their UN and PW 3 (yes three) times in 3 months, that is ridiculous. I helped this person to receive their license, and after the second loss, kept a copy so they could ask me for it.

Important information like your Username and Password should be backed up with your other important documents to CD/DVD, this form of backup has been around for 10 years now, there really aren’t any excuses for “I have lost all my data”, though some people will never learn how valuable their data is until it is gone forever. I had a client in my shop yesterday that turned off their firewall and was hacked, he lost every single personal file on his system, it was virtually like a fresh install of Windows, other than they had wrecked Windows upon exiting from his machine.

As a Reseller we choose to maintain a Database of our clients details for Nod32, and do not charge for resending licenses, I had another client on the phone 5 minutes ago from Melbourne, he had shifted their about 3 months ago, and required his UN and PW again. I am a small business, and it is part of the personal service that we choose to offer when selling Nod32. If I was to sell one of the Major Anti-Virus software I would be advising the client to contact the software’s support centre. We too have to keep a lid on our costs.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  11. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Top section of an email from Antivirus Australia - Note the second and third lines :)

12. daze62

daze62 Registered Member

Ok, Blackspear, I accept that a small business shouldn't be expected to operate at a loss, but this user (not me) has had the product 18 months without needing support. There was a time when sending a registered email address on http://www.nod32.com/support/support.htm would actually get you a copy of your details. She's tried 3 times now with no result. It seems misleading to appear to provide a service, only to discover a) it doesn't work and b) the alternative will cost extra.

13. Blackspear

The only way that would have worked was if the user had purchased from the USA and not Australia, as that site is run by Nod32 USA.

14. daze62

daze62 Registered Member

Re: recovering password and user

My friend ended up paying the $10.

Just checked the site again and there is NO MENTION of a recovery fee in the faq file.
    From the web page: http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/support/support.htm link to http://www.nod32.com/scriptless/support/ans/5j_2.htm
    If this info is only in the email and the email is lost, why be surprised that someone might get upset at finding out there is a recovery fee?
    If the fee only applies to Australia, then the site should not link to a U.S. page which is incorrect for the local situation.

15. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

The cost of the license/product is supposed to INCLUDE support for that time period. How do you justify charging extra?

16. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

We sell our licenses for $99 or $90 with a new PC.
    To justify this price which is higher than most NOD32 resellers, we offer these support services incuded in the cost, free phone support, free license resending, installation, setting up with high security.

17. Blackspear

It is not a support issue, it is a "I have been asked to keep this UN and PW safe" issue and at the same time they have also been clearly advised that failure in doing so will result in a $10.00 administration fee. Now if the person chooses not to keep their UN and PW safe and backed up with their data, then in making such a choice they are obviously quite happy to pay the fee.

Or to put it another way:

If you make choice "A" it costs you nothing.

If you choose to ignore choice "A" and instead make choice "B" then it will cost you $10.00. I think that is pretty clear ;) :D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  18. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

:D Wise move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.