True Image 8 - Build 903 Results

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

This Could Be A Good Place To Start By Giving each Other Results Of How Their System Performs Using The 903 Build That They Have.

Acronis True Image 8 Build 903: Normal Compression

(4.03GB Used Space = 1.71GB File) - Was Backed Up In Aproximately: 5 Minutes.

When Booting From The CD It Took Aproximately 58 Seconds To Boot Up Completely The Moment Acronis Loader Was Shown.

It Took Aproximately 3 Minutes To Restore Using The Boot CD

Results Are Very Close To Build 826

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Thanks for the insight. I'm still using 826 because of build 889's Cloning problem that I reported in the thread... https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=88659 ...so I'd sure like to know if that's been fixed in 903.

Unfortunately (as someone else has noted), the new build changes listed by Acronis are way too general to convey the information users need to know. :doubt:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

One poster reported that he was not able to Explore an image with Build 903. Has the Build 859 problem reappeared?

I recently installed Build 889 on a new Dell and it worked perfectly. I didn't make speed comparisons since this was a new system, but the boot CD and seemed as fast as I'd expect it to be based on earlier builds.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jmk94903

I have tried it without any problems.

The clone part is a lot [very much] faster then #889

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

Build 903's boot CD still does not load drivers allowing me to use my firewire-connected external hard drive. It does, however, work when I connect via USB2. Let's see, what else...oh, loading w/ the 903 boot CD takes about 3 times longer than it did w/ 826; once in, nothing seems different, no speed differences (i.e., pretty slow;definitely NOT @ USB2 speeds). So, all in all, based on my experience so far, the only difference I've noticed is that it takes LONGER to load using 903's boot CD than 826's. Other than that, at least nothing's WORSE than previous builds. There's still work to be done, at least for my usage.

6. howie123

howie123 Registered Member

For me, 903 seems identical performance-wise to the last (889) build.
    12GB of actual data takes approx. 6 minutes to image.
    Boot CD takes approx. 30 seconds to load ("safe mode" CD takes only 5 secs.).
    A full system restore of 12GB takes about 9-10 mins.
    P4 3.0E, 1024MB RAM. Source and destination drives are both 80GB 7200RPM ATA133.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Elapsed times for creating, verifying and restoring my C: system disk (7GB used space = 4.89GB image with "Normal" compression) as follows:

WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT

Destination = Internal SATA drive E:
    Create image: 4.0 minutes
    Verify image: 4.5 minutes

Destination = USB 2 External HD F:
    Create image: 4.5 minutes
    Verify image: 5.0 minutes

BOOT RESCUE (LINUX BASED) ENVIRONMENT

Boot from rescue CD: 30 seconds

Destination = Internal SATA drive E:
    Create image: 7.0 minutes
    Verify image: 4.5 minutes
    Restore image: 5.0 minutes

Destination = USB 2 External HD F:
    Create image: 7.0 minutes
    Verify image: 6.5 minutes
    Restore image: 7.0 minutes

As far as my own setup is concerned, I've not seen any difference in performance between builds 829, 889 and 903.

Regards

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Hi All.

903 seems to work well on my Dell laptop and external usb2 hard drive except it's slower than 826 from the boot cd (same slowness as 859 & 889).

Example: With 826, both drive activity LED's are always on resulting in fast imaging and restore.

With 903 (also 859, 889) both drive activity LED's flash at about 2 Hz and about 50% duty cycle. That tells me they're working half as much as with 826.

Consequently, I get the slower speeds to image and restore using the boot cd.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobdat,

Could you please create the sysinfo.txt file with the 903 and 826 builds? Then please send this information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this post. We will certainly investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.