MFT Bitmap corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ngo69, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie with TI and have just installed TI 8.0 2 days ago. Actually, before came to TI, I have read many forums on Goback, RestoreIT, Image for Windows, and found them all having potential troubles. So I chose TI and I really love it. It ran smooth and very fast indeed. However, i still wonder if it is a real guarantee in case you need to restore back your drive? I do not have an external drive, so I created a Acronis Secure Zone and did a full backup of my C:, where I have XP SP1 and all other softwares installed. My Dell laptop has only one HDD and I devided it into 3 (C, E, and G). The Secure Zone is created from E (an extended partition using Partition Magic). on G (primary) I have another copy of my XP SP1 running on Windows multiboot. Now after successfully created the backup of C, I wanted to test if it is reliable and ran the restore manager from boot. I could do until I chose the image from Secure Zone, then it said Error, smth like "MFT Bitmap corrupted". I then clicked OK, it still went on to the next screen where I can choose wich drive i want to restore the image onto. I then stopped as did not want to get into trouble, and then came here an write this thread.

My question is what is this error all about? and Why? I searched and read in this forum and learnt that maybe because I am running Diskeeper 9 (smart schedule) all the time, so after the creation of the image, my C: has changed, and thus the error. Did i understood it correct? If so, then is the error serious? Can I go on with my restoration without any potential trouble? Or how many percent of reliability is it? I must say I really dont like TI about the issue of defragmentation and incremental backup. If it cannot do a real incremental backup, why Acronis still keep it there? and what for? as everyone must defrag the HDD sometime. OK, as I dont need incremental backup, I stop the schedule. But then the MFT bitmap error, how reliable is TI really. I just want to have some thing which I can trust that if in case I need to restore my C: back, then I can.

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ngo69,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We recommend that you stop the Diskeeper 9 for a couple of minutes after you press the "Proceed" button while creating the image. Could you please create another image in this way and check whether the error persists. If so please launch the "Restore Image" wizard and create the screenshot of the screen with the highlighted image (you will see the image info on the right side of the screen). Please send this screenshot and Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions on how to get the report) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Thank you Ilya Toytman. I am trying to recreate a full image of my C: (with Diskeeper stopped), but I still failed. After "Proceed" the window of "Commit Pending Operations" just stayed there forever without any progress. What should I do?

Thanks

4. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Hello again Ilya Toytman.
    I have to write this thread again as I still could not create the new full image of my C:. It seems that the process stopped there because it was regarded as a scheduled task, although I did not schedule it. I created a schedule for incremental backup before but when read this forum about defragmentation I deleted it already. But now when I hide the window with the apending operations the is a new task under the Tasks section on the main window nest to Schedule Task. Why is that? And I tried to create the image by using the schedule task. It ran but with error. From the log file it says "Failed to open Acronis Secure Zone for exclusive access.". I attached the log file here for your reference. Please help me, quick!

Many thanks.

Attached Files:

5. Acronis Support

Hello ngo69,

Could you please send the requested screenshots to support@acronis.com? Also please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send us the created schedreport.txt file.

Also please try to store the image not to Acronis Secure Zone but to the ordinary partition and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Hi Ilya Toytman,

I have to write to you again as following your suggestion now I have real big problem. I was trying to recreate the image on normal partition as you adviced me yesterday, so I deleted the Secure Zone and gave back the space to where it was. It was my drive E:. But now nothing has been added to my E:. It was before creating Secure Zone, 11GB, then down to 9GB and now after deleting Secure Zone it is still 9GB. I have restart the system twice and even ran scandisk, but nothing change. It seems I have lost 2GB on my drive? or it just disappear somewhare? I really feel dispointed with TI after this problem? Is it really dependable as it is said on your website? I am sending here with the screen shots as proof. It shows defferent figures of my E: in Windows Explorer and ATI when I tried running the image store again after the deletion of Secure Zone.

I really need very prompt reply from you now to get back to normal work.

Attached Files:

7. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Here is the nest image

Attached Files:

8. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

and here again

Attached Files:

9. Acronis Support

10. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Hi Ilya Toytman,

I already sent all these image to Acronis Support yesterday. Please check and give me the solution asap. Many thanks.

As to yours:
    , why you could not notice my email and I waited the whole yesterday without noticing any of your presence??

For the Secure Zone, I did follow the instructions but could not create it again, as it wont proceed without choosing any partition to take space from. What should I do? Would uninstallation of IT help with the problem??

Thank you.

ngo69

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.