Giant AS and loss of Internet connection

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by MRSCT, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

HELP
    This is not for a popup problem, but I have a problem with the company. I was not sure what section to locate this message.
    I down loaded the free trial program on my computer at least 1 1/2 months ago. It crashed my computer. I can no longer geT the internet on that computer. I uninstalled it before I realized it. I wrote to the company, they answered with their generic message and they wanted me to send an error log. I fulfill that and never heard from them again. They ignor my email.

I can't find my disks to recover my computer. It's a Sony pentium 4.

My internet provider is comcast. I called them and their answer didn't help.
    I'm a novice on the computer. If you can ask me questions, maybe I can figure it out. It's a nice computer that as far as using it for the internet, it's going to waste.

ANY HELP OR ANSWERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2004
  2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

MRSCT,

Whenever I lose connectivity, the first thing I do it so reset the Winsock lsp.

Use this utility if you have WinXP. Otherwise, do a google search for lspfix or try to download this one for Win98 and above.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2004
  3. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I can't bring the internet up at all. Does that link youy gave me need the internet to fix the problem?

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Those links lead to standalone utilities that you can download and see if they fix your problem. If you don't have connectivity, download them to any available PC that does have net connectivity and run them on the PC that does not have connectivity.

There are manual ways to do it, but these automated utilities are the way to go if possible.

Blue

5. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

6. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

It didn't work. My husband said that it says IP unavailable. There is a list in the control panel section and all say unavailable after the IP. :doubt:

7. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

You are trying to reinstall the TCP/IP protocol. Did you follow Blackspear's instructions precisely? Did you restart the computer after deleting the two specified entries in the registry? After the 1st restart did you follow the instructions to double click on network connections, find the connection you are using and right click on it? Did you then select "Properties?" After clicking on properties, did you select "install" then highlight "protocol"and click the add button? Did you then click the "Have Disk" button, and specify the path C:\windows\inf in the "copy from manufacturer's files" box? After the installation was done, did you restart the computer once again?

If you're sure you've taken all the above steps, then it seems reinstalling TCP/IP protocol isn't going to help. Perhaps someone else can assist you. Good luck with solving your problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.