Finjan: Warning users or scaring up business?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

ZDNET

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

Why should Finjan or any other software vendor wait for M$ to give them permission on squat.........M$ does not own the world....it was M$ that shouted how XP was THE MOST secure system in the entire world...it was M$ that shouted the sp2 patch was the mother of all security patches.......where were all those M$ programers when the patch was tested...........was it tested??>

Enough is beyond Enough all ready.......since I've been using a computer M$ products have needed patching.......an more often then not its a private company who alerts M$......well private companies do not work for M$.......they do not receive one cent for having done the research M$ should have done.....................the final outcome is that M$ forces private companies to research M$ products.....saving M$ millions of dollars by not doing the research themselfs...then slams the private vendors to distract from the issue of M$ selling insecure products........................imo all private companies should never lower theirselfs to reporting anything to M$.........an finally let M$ stand responsible.........an if computers get hacked...get a good attorney

No other software vendor on earth would be allowed to sell such proven insecure products........just ask how many people use Firefox or Opera.......how many have shifted to Star office.....no, not in great numbers...but enough to say that M$ has seen its best days
    Its past time for people to stop claiming that such a truthful statement is bashing M$.........histroy shows the proof about M$ and the courts have reveal the truth about M$...........I dare anyone to go tell that federal judge that he bashed M$.....or tell the BRIT legal system that it bashed M$

3. still_longhorn

still_longhorn Registered Member

I have to agree with the Snowman here.... much as the consequences are distasteful to my tongue...
    We simply can't have another set of standards here.... MS has a defective product here. Period. If your Ford Expedition were defective and Ralph Nader finds out and announces to the world the defects, would we accuse him of irresponsible behaviour because he never gave Ford a chance to rectify its mistakes?

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

Fact of the matter is:

LIVES ARE AT RISK! Hospitals around the world use M$ products...... than when those hospital systems get crappy.....down goes life support...even emergency back up generators may not work unless done manualy..............now if thats bashing M$...go tell that to anyone who may suffer the lost of a loved one during a massive virus attack on hospital systems.........or a trojan.......this has been noted to happen....its not a possibility.....its actual.....its here now.

What prevents M$ from making a secure product? Many right here at this forum have learned how to secure computers almost to be beyond breaching.....why can't M$ ?

No, this isn't bashing......every word is truthful,.....

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

GAL C

Would send you a doz yellow roses for such an insightful post.....very nicely said.....your experience shines well in the misty light.

6. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

How very nice of you to say that! I did get on my little pony tonight around that subject (my high horse is out to pasture I hope), and I do feel strongly about the extremely favored position MS enjoys to the detriment of EVERYONE else, their competitors, their partners, the countless other businesses affected by their dictates, and of course, the average personalconsumers.

It's obscene, really, at least to me- their blatant nose thumbing at the law (in all sorts of ways) that they will continue for quite a while to get away with. MS makes cool stuff and has advanced the planet, but as an entity it still really irks me.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am totally shocked at all this. When I installed SP2 I fully expected that MS gave me a totally secure operating system. That is why after installing SP2 I immediately....

Turned off the security center, and Windows Firewall, and left in place my Zone Alarm Pro,F-Prot AV,ProcessGuard,TDS3,POPUP Cop(for ActiveX safety),BHODemon,Spybot,Spywareblaster,Spywareguard.

ROFL

Pete

8. Galcoolest

I pasted my MS bashing rant over in another forum and not only had to delete it for my safety, but I may never be allowed near there again!!!

I was accused of trying to ruin MS, poison its customer base, etc. Yikes! I just think the outfit is a bully in the market, gets special advantages with regards to its communications or lack thereof about its stuff (until they can make the spin just right, have a fix for whatever all in hand- ta da!, and slide through what were initially threatening (to the business itself) situations without much PR damage).

I believe MS has disproportionate power in its sector, and uses that hegemony to its advantage at all times.

My views were heresy over at that other place. I got pummeled! I was almost scalped! I could hear the click of guns being readied!

I'll keep my radical ideas toned down and wrapped up for a while , I think. :D

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

GalC

well good for you...you stood tall for your values.....that you can be proud of more than any accomplishment

oh of course you get bashed.....its easier to bash one person than face the truth..........truth is buried very deeply these days....

10. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Amen!! Unfortunately, it's always the "little people" (hate that phrase!) who get their lives turned upside down!

Hi Snowy!! How are ya!! :D

Marja:cool:

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

Marja

Hey there beautuful lady.........whatca say!...........well I am doing....alittle good...alittle bad......going through changes.....its a battle...I'll win it........once in awhile the pain returns......mother earth is still a good place to be...think I'll stick around for awhile longer.........

never expected to find myself still posting....didn't intend being here this long..........but it had a purpose.

yeah...the M$ issue is about as weird as it gets.......it wont change......unless people use other operating systems........an even then....the big money grips will move in......
    Have a really beautiful morning Marja......

12. Galcoolest

Wow, Snow-

Sounds like you have been very, very ill. I'm so sorry. Keep your spirits up, and know that I really appreciate your input here, that you have made someone else feel better, and many folks are routing for you! :cool:

13. Marja

Too True!! Sending you "healthy" good thoughts!

Hi, GC!!

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

GalC

Thank you for such kind thoughts....most appreciated.

Yupper.....this time last year...just about gave up the Ghost......doing much better these days.......re-gained some weight.....even worked for three months.............
    LOL....this was the result of my attorney's wife giving me a severe case of food poisoning..........by using oven cleaner to clean her pots and baking pan.........for a Thanksgiving dinner........it was critical for their two children....the youngest needed intestine removed (two feet)...holes ....
    so....this has not been a cake walk......a financial disaster for me...was self employed......no medical coverage.....ouch..

But great is today......tomorrow remains........

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

Marja...my heart felt appreciation to you as well......hey, you were the last person here at the forum that I spoke with the last time I left......well.....prepare for that duisappear act of mine....its coming real soon.........always remember...you beautiful ladies have been great.......the best kind of medicine.....

16. Marja

We'll be thinking of you fondly too, Snowy!! BE WELL!!!

So it IS TRUE what they say about lawyers!! and wives!:)

That is awful!! I would have thought people knew better!! Ouch!! Very scary stuff, Snowman.

All the more to tell you,again, BE WELL!!

GC :D Not your lawyering, of course!

17. Marja

WOW!! That was weird, I haven't been able to post that last post for almost 30 minutes, it kept saying the connection is times out??

I thought this site was kablooey!! Don't like being out of touch with Wilders'!! :D

18. Marja

I take that back, it was almost an hour, so what is that? Probably in the wrong thread now!LOL!

19. Galcoolest

(Marja- I had the same problem all of a sudden and eventually figured out it was Wilder's, not me...)

20. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, this thread has gone way off topic.

Please try and stay on topic. Thank you.

Edit Opinions are fine, bashing a product is not. Please remember our TOS rules. ;)

Regards,

snap

21. Marja

Sorry, Snapdragin, guess we totally forgot the topic! :oops: :D

22. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

SNAPPY

Yes we did wonder off topic......now corrected.

Now whats this bashing issue?? Not one word that was posted in un-truthful.......do you consider posting the truth as bashing? If there is any bashing...its microsoft bashing the public........an Snap you know thats the truth...................

Respectfully

TheSnowman

23. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

To hell with it.....when the moderators of this forum reach the point where they defend known spyware vendors such as M$........yes its time to stop posting on the subject......an just let M$ do its thing......nothing more will be said by me about M$..........one more voice silenced.

24. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

snapdragin

Respectfully said: Snap, today you lost a friend.

Best Wishes

TheSnowman

25. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Enough.

Snowman, I will not debate with you whether bashing of any product will take place in this thread or in any other thread in this forum. Our TOS is quite clear on this issue.

This thread has not only gone off topic, but now personal comments have entered it, and have not ceased.

This thread is now closed.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.