Unblock this in Online Armor

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AMD, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMD

AMD Registered Member

Hi,

The online help tab in Sandboxie is somehow blocked in Online Armor when I open it in the default sandbox. This is identified in the History section of OA(see screenshot)

I am running the latest release of OA(not Beta) and version 4.04 of Sandboxie.

Its frustrating trying to resolve it and everything I have done does not work. I have placed a similar post on the Emisoft Forum but at the moment it is still unresolved.

Many Thanks for any help.

Andy

Attached Files:

2. guest

guest Guest

Have you put Sandboxie in the trusted list? If yes then try to put the start.exe in the trusted list as well.

3. AMD

AMD Registered Member

They are both in the trusted list !

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Have you made sure it is Trusted and Allowed in the "Programs" tab.
    Also check the Firewall just in case.

5. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I can confirm to OP's findings. I have Avast free and Sandboxie 4.04 installed before today I installed OA free. If I go to Sandboxie/Help/Help Topics (Web) and try to run online help sandboxed, my Windows 7 system freezes. Must press the power button to shut down the computer.

It works if running that Web help unsandboxed.

I had OA's webshield disabled cause of Avast for possible conflicts.
    Sandboxie has OA checked for software compatibility. I also after first freeze did put Sandboxie folder to OA Options/Exclusions. It did not help any.

At least there has been no BSOD, yet.

Has anyone found a solution?

Edit: Windows is 64bit Home Premium

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Not sure if you have tried this yet but what if you put OA into learning mode and then open Sandboxie's online help?

Note: Don't forget to turn off learning mode when your finished!

7. Jarmo P

No it did not.

Hope I did not now doing your suggestion corrupt my HIPS allowed program list. And need to do an uninstall/reinstall of the whole thing.

It frose just as fast as before. I had to power button shut down. When it restarted on black DOS like screen I chose the normal windows start.
    Lucky the Learning mode was turned off and from History I see no new programs added. So I guess no damage done.

I am not going to accept anymore suggestions though to try ;)

8. AMD

AMD Registered Member

I dumped Online Armor as i couldn't put up with system freezing so i now have Bitdefender instead with no issues.

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

The only other thing I would try is completely uninstall OA and delete all rules (if that is an option), reboot twice, reinstall OA and then try what I said above.

I actually tried the learning mode suggestion on my Windows 8 computer and it worked fine. I would never suggest something that I wouldn't try myself or that do would harm on purpose.

OA does need an update though. I had to allow and trust many normal Windows 8 components including PC Settings and many control panel options. I still make it a point of going into OA - Programs and allowing and trusting .exes as I use the OS. I wish OA still had the trust everything option at install.

10. Jarmo P

Everything else seems to work fine with OA and Sandboxie. I don't need that help file.

Browsers start slower than without OA when running them sandboxed. Takes about 5 seconds. at the first run, added to my free Sandboxie 5 seconds.

And there is also a known conflict between Avast and Sandboxie that speeded up things much before installing OA.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/?KnownConflicts

"avast! Antivirus

Home Page: http://www.avast.com

Problem: Sandboxie version 4 is incompatible with avast! Antivirus to some small extent.

Solution: Adjust shield settings in avast. In the SECURITY tab of the main avast! window:

- Click Mail Shield icon, click Settings button. In SSL scanning page, clear setting: Scan SSL connections.

- Click Behavior Shield icon, click Settings button. In main settings page, clear setting: Monitor the system for unauthorized modifications"

I really like the monitoring connections window in OA that contains also the speed monitor things.
    For me something is wrong in the logging as I can't see my browsers in the filter option.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.