* True Image, NForce Athlon64 and SATA?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seant12, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seant12

seant12 Registered Member

I have an NForce VNF3-250 based motherboard with one SATA drive. Currently, True Image can see the drive and make an image just fine in XP. However, when trying to do a restore from CD or Floppies - the drive has never been able to be seen.

Anyone running SATA with this chipset successfully??

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,seant12

I have a Abit NF Motherboard, works OK with SATA.

And also now with Silicon 3112 Raid Array SATA Controller, I am running Raid0.[with the beta release]

What Motherboard do you have.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. seant12

TheQuest,

Thanks for the reply. My motherboard is made by Chaintech. I am guessing you have an Athlon XP based (Socket A) NForce2 board, as I don't think Abit has released a Socket 754 NVidia Nforce3 based board as of yet?

Is there a way you can recommend to get a hold of the current beta release of True Image? I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this working with this chipset.

Much thanks,

Sean

4. TheQuest

Hi, seant12

Sorry to be so long replying to you Sean, but I have been testing a few things.

You do not say what Raid Controller your MotherBoard uses.

I do not think this beta will help you as unless your MotherBoard is using a SiliconImage 3112 Raid Array SATA Controller.

Please Read this thread and you can decide whether you would like to PM Anton which he [Anton] talks about doing so in this thread:- When Raid0?

Take Care,

5. seant12

TheQuest,

The NVidia VNF3-250 based boards use the NVidia CK8S Serial ATA controller - at least it has that listed in hardware (it handles both serial and parallel IDE drives). I am not running Raid 0 or 1, just a single drive.

Sean

6. TheQuest

Hi, seant12

I know you are not running a Raid Array a you are only using one SATA HDD.

But the Beta I am [was] talking about is to fix the Raid Controller Issues.

There is something I have just thought of, do you have any PATA [IDE] HDD connected to you system.

The reason I ask there can be a problem of Ti BootDisk not seeing SATA with out a PATA connected to the system.

I did post about it a somewhere here on the Acronis Ti forum, when I was trying to get it to work with Raid0.

That is what you should try to see if you can get your BootDisk to recognize your SATA.

It is also best to have your Images on a 2HDD anyway. [PATA or SATA]

That what I do, Create my Images on an PATA and Acronis Ti advises to do if you have a spare HDD.

Sorry I can not be of more help.

Take Care,

7. seant12

No PATA drives available (or wanted), idea was to back the workstation up - save the image to my network server and then restore if needed via Boot CD with network support. I have tried it in an older PATA based system and it worked great, most new systems are SATA based though...

8. TheQuest

Hi, seant12

I know most new if not all new systems are now SATA based, but I am only to help you.

If you connect a PATA to your system temporary it might help as to whether you do it or not that is your business.

Also so you did not say in your previous post you where trying to restore via a network.

Take Care,

9. seant12

No problem, not that it matters where I am trying to restore from...it can't see the local drive to get to the point where my restore file(s) are located.

10. seant12

Everyone with the NFroce3 SATA drive recognizing problem, Acronis emailed me this morning and it sees my local drives !!! Here is the ISO:

link was removed by Acronis Support

I was using DriveImage, which was slow and doesn't have the main feature I wanted from True Image: incremental support.

Hats off to Acronis, you came through so far!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2004
  11. TheQuest

Hi, seant12

Glad to see you have it sorted.

God luck.

Take Care,

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sean --

I do understand your delight, but i have 2 requests :

1) If the .iso was sent to you, it doesn't mean that it will help/is intended for some other person - be sure if he/she really needs it and it will/is a cure for him/her the file would be provided to him/her.

2) Actually it is not a good idea, to post such an .iso file on the forum itself instead of the PMing the person... The reasons are obvious, starting from that this .iso is not an approved build yet, which basically can be given out only by Acronis employees, as in each concrete case the problem might be different and if it helped you it can damage another person computer, and ending with that the .iso file is, generally, a full version of the product which should be given only to the _owners_ of Acronis products.

I hope you understand me.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.