Network Uses???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by New2here, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New2here

New2here Guest

I am a network administrator for a mid-size company (roughly 4000 PCs). I have recently come across this product(s) and forum and have been interested in how I can make this software work for my company. I have many users who (un)knowingly install crapware on their PCs and I have been researching cost effections solutions in removal. I use Spybot for good removals but I have come across other options like SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard that look intruiging for preventative uses. I would like for someone to help with the differences in the softwares and how we can cost effectively install the programs throughout our network. I have researched the Auto-updates feature in SpywareBlaster and seem to remember somewhere about a 'network version available in a couple of months', I would also like any info I can have on that too. Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. rasqual

rasqual Registered Member

Funny you ask. I was just working up a Visio functional diagram of how we're going to use the product, before ducking in here with a question (see new discussion).

Email me at *****@marquardts.org and I'll be glad to yammer with you about it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2004
  3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi rasqual :)

I edited your email addy so it doesn't get picked up by Harvesters and or Spambots. ;)

If u want to exchange certain info with other members just send them a PM. :)

EDIT- New2here will have to register first. ;)

snowbound

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

There is indeed a Network Version in the works, and based on the number of PCs you've provided it would probably be much more cost-effective.

Unfortunately I can't provide any more details at the moment, but it is being worked on.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. stw-nath

stw-nath Registered Member

I'm hanging out for this version to become avaliable as well. I support several small networks (5 to 30 users) and would probably be able to get approval for $10 to $20 per node for this software. If it was more than this it could be an uphill battle (but one that i would fight).

6. rasqual

rasqual Registered Member

Interested in a network version too, but even more interested in a version that will work as a service on a server. We use terminal servers (a lot), and I anticipate we'll be running 40 or more users per server shortly. I'd sure like to see Spywareblaster run as a service for automatic updates.

As for my email address, thanks but my Bayesian filter is 99.96%. ;-)

7. dzeluff

dzeluff Guest

I'd even settle for a quick fix version that let me pass a command line switch to :

1) run quiet - no screens to confuse the users
    2) autoupdate - with subsciption of course
    3) pull config or ref file from network to make sure its clean

The way the program runs seems it would be very adapable to command line switch setup. Although I only run a small network (under 100 systems total) it would be worth my time for $10 per box. Keep up the good work!

8. MCT

MCT Registered Member

spyware blaster does offer silent install

example:

start /wait %systemdrive%\MyFolder\Spywareblaster.exe /verysilent

hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.