PM Limit #2 Not what you think.

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Fajo, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I have seen on other message boards the ability not to save sent messages. That would be a nice option to be enabled here if possible, As we would gain half more the space.

Don't know if this is possible or not to add in Always seen it in the User Control panel not to save them.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I haven't sent, either originally or as a reply, any IMs in ages. I do agree that there doesn't seem to be (currently, anyway) an option in the profile settings for blanket saving or not saving copies of sent IMs. Obviously they'd have to be saved anyway for admin/moderator review in case of complaints, even if you couldn't access them yourself.

As I said, it's been ages, but I thought I vaguely remembered that you are given such an option for each specific message when you're sending it.

I'm sure the Wilders admins (primarily Paul W. and LWM) keep an eye on whether available space is becoming a problem, and will make appropriate changes when and if necessary.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

This is correct. I don't know if it remembers the choice, i never tried it.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Does not seem to be the case. You can dump the PM's to text and empty the folder though.

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

It would just save me from having to go in and delete sent items all the time. Just rather it never save sent, Its not like I cant remember what I typed. :D

Then again who knows maybe Low and Paul are getting old and need that for them self's also. ;)

6. quintile

quintile Registered Member

Look at the pic below, there is a box that you can UNcheck if you don't
    want to save your 'sent' PMs.

snapshot9.png

This shows up at the bottom of every new message.

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Aye what I'm asking for is a Always off button. I have seen quite a few forms have this option that's all I'm talking about. :D

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

New user selectable option added to the control panel.

See: "User CP" > "Edit Options" > "Private Messaging" subsection > "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" checkbox.

If you uncheck this option in the User CP, each time you compose a new PM, the box to save a copy in your Sent Items folder will be disabled. (You can still choose to enable that box selection on a case by case basis, each time your write a new PM.)

Attached Files:

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Thank you so much LWM!

Sense this topic is now resolved you can lock this topic if you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.