Comodo CIS 3.8.64263.468 Released - Now 3.8.64739.471

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Fuzzfas, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. country2

country2 Registered Member

Re: Comodo CIS 3.8.64263.468 Released

hey Julian_evil have you tried running it in proactive mode yet?

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Not a good trade IMO. Building a firewall is a walk in the park compared to the creativity, intelligence, and long-term logistics it takes to build a good scanning engine and malware sigs.

3. Julian

Julian Registered Member

Yes, I always choose the proactive profile because I want to be able to klick anything without runnning danger to crash my system ;)

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, i can well deny ANY rumors about ALWIL to include Comodo technology into their security software (avast!). There is no such thing now and nothing like it planned.

5. Julian

Julian Registered Member

Well, the assumption that there will be maybe some corporation with Comodo wasn't snapped out of the air, at least it's a bit strange if people in the Avast forum get asked what they think about the Comodo FW (http://www.rokop-security.de/index.php?s=&showtopic=16798&view=findpost&p=263140).

Now it's your turn to fund your thesis, RejZoR ;)

6. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Your right there was such a thread on the avast forum.

But RejZoR is correct - I can confirm that no such trade is currently under preparation (or consideration).

Thanks
    Vlk

7. Julian

Julian Registered Member

Ok, if an AV Expert says this it's most likely valid. Thanks :)

Well, then I hope that Comodo will be able to improve detection without Avast's help.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Comodo CIS 3.8.64263 cuts off my ISPs conection every day when I start it up, I am going back to a previous version BTW I am posting using Tor.

9. 3xist

3xist Guest

A bug fix release will be out some time this week guys...

And on the topic of databases, Here is Comodo's Anti-Malware database page: http://internetsecurity.comodo.com/updates/vdp/database.php

It's only new... It tells you the exact signatures added and how many were added on a Database update on any given day, It also tells you the total number of signatures (Currently over 1.4 mill) and that number grows rapidly every single day...

Comodo uses also it's own developed engine and own signatures, everything is it's own, and as you know the AV is still new... But we are seeing good progress with the AV & the infrastructure that surrounds it.

Cheers,
    Josh

10. 3xist

3xist Guest

COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64739.471 Released

Hi Guys,

We have just released COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64739.471.

What is new in this release?
    =================
    FIXED! AV engine crashes while scanning some files
    FIXED! Firewall blocks all the traffic in some vista PCs when checksum verification is enabled
    FIXED! Some applications consume 100% CPU while CIS is installed

CIS automatic updater is going to download and install the updates for the existing users.

Important Note for Windows Vista Users Upgrading From Older Versions

The Windows Vista users, who have CIS version 3.5.57173.439 or older installed(32 and 64 bit), are going to have 2 updates because of the nature of this release.

* The first update is going to update some critical files that are necessary in order to continue with the second update.
    * Then the second update is going to finalize the upgrading process to version 3.8.64739.471

32-Bit:
    =======

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.8.64739.471_XP_Vista_x32.exe
    Size: 33.7 MB (35,348,744 bytes)
    MD5: 348955f55d6e0fc1c2312e52146609b1
    SHA1: 81b43ac638bd6a9c8f601bb010509e5f8872cf98

64-Bit:
    =======

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.8.64739.471_XP_Vista_x64.exe
    Size: 47.8 MB (50,143,496 bytes)
    MD5: 8d5cbf2b9885002dede913ac4d415bd1
    SHA1: 409cec51a81a5988ec75aa2ef7aea4f0b467765b

Regards,
    Egemen

Available on website and at forums. :)

11. lazydogmot

lazydogmot Registered Member

Hi, I am using v3.8.64739.471 and I got a notice that there is a new version out. So I update, reboot and get the blue screen (it clicks off so fast that I do not have time to read all the information on it) and the computer shuts down and reboots itself continually. I then restarted in safe mode, did a system restore and everything was fine. Then I get another update notice. So I think it might have been a bad download and tried it again. Same results. Another system restore.
    If I do have v3.8.64739.471, why am I being told that there are updates?
    Tom

P.S. I am using Vista 32.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  12. lazydogmot

Hi again, I did a complete uninstall using REVO and downloaded the new version and the same thing happened. Uninstalled everything again and installed v3.0.25.378. Everything is working well.....now.
    Thanks,
    Tom

13. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Just did the update to 471 and rebooted.
    No problems here on xp.

14. agagouga

agagouga Registered Member

Installed the 3.8 on 3 pcs with XP SP3. Everything fine, except that the A/V needed 2nd reboot to initialize on 1 PC.
    Updated to latest version without problems :thumb:

15. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Using CIS with antivirus enabled it updated without problems , all running fine here :thumb:

16. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

The same in my system.

17. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I reverted to the previous beta with the 468 as it ran like treacle for me,but the new version is light as a feather I'm pleased to say.

18. Julian

Julian Registered Member

That was really a bad idea because this version has a bug that it sometimes allows actions although you chose to block. Don't use this version!

Build 471 is running very well on Vista x64, creating D+ rules is again as fast as with version 3.5 :)

Except of one or two really little glitches I can't complain in any way about the new version, well done.

19. lazydogmot

I had to do something to get on the internet. When I got online, I downloaded Online Armor v3.0.0.190 and it works with no crashes.
    Thanks,
    Tom

20. 41L3F

41L3F Registered Member

the topic is about the new build of comodo, not OA that got no flood protection and crash in 5 sec here when flooding it.

21. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Yes indeed.
    Some fan boy always trying to butt in.

Anyway, CIS still running well here.
    No bugs or problems as of now. :)

22. lazydogmot

I have been on the topic of the new build of Comodo. After several years of no problems, it makes my computer crash. That's not good.
    I have used AO for one day because it doesn't make my computer crash. So if that makes me fan boy in your eyes......OK.
    Regards,
    Tom

23. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I performed a clean download/install of version 3.8.,64739.471 yesterday, opting for the complete package including Threatcast.
    Everything went smoothly and my computer booted normally. Following the AV update and scan, I decided to adjust the scanner settings and set the heuristics to high. Another scan produced fourteen FPs.
    Lowering the heuristic level to medium produced the exact same fourteen FPs as did the low setting.
    False positives, particularly on an initial scan are not a problem- in fact, they are (sort of) expected. What is bothering me is that nothing I do corrects the situation.
    -Individually or collectively selecting and applying "ignore" to the fourteen items does not prevent them from being detected during a subsequent scan, regardless of the heuristics setting.
    -Adding the items to my safe files list does not fix the problem either.

These files, Auslogics defragger (free), WinPatrol, and Glary utilities have all been signed through Threatcast as permitted applications and are never flagged by any other AV that I've used and what is really weird is that no false positives are experienced when a context menu scan is performed on the individual application(s).
    I have referred to the online help manual and can't find a reason why the FPs continue to take place.

Anyone have a similar experience and/or know how to correct the problem ?

Thanks.

24. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

No offense intended but you didn't say you were having problems with CIS, just that you installed OA.

If you care to discuss the problems you were having I'm sure someone here would probably know the answer.

All the best :)
    Dan

25. country2

country2 Registered Member

I went and tried the newest release of comodo(just the firewall) and I'm still having same issue with this release as I had with the other one on my Vista 64.

I can install it and reboot but when it comes up after the reboot everything is blocked (all my apps) before with the other version they were listed as being blocked even if I added them as being safe they would still be blocked and I never would get a popup message even in safe mode to allow or disallow. With this newer release having same issue but now they are not even listed as being blocked but none are running and I can uninstall it and all is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.