Basic Email Notification Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by guest, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Since changing my email account to yahoo, I cannot get the email notification function of TI Home to work. I tried to update my email notification settings in TI, but think I am confused about what I need to enter. In the outgoing and incoming pop server settings in TI, I entered the applicable pop server information for yahoo. In the user name and password settings, I entered my main yahoo login information. I also checked "log on to incoming mail server" setting in TI.

Can someone please let me know if I have updated my TI settings for mail notification correctly?

Thanks!

2. guest

guest Guest

Does anyone have any suggestions or is this just another example of the lack of Acronis support that I keep reading about?

3. stevewa

stevewa Registered Member

can you post a screenshot of both of the setting screens, and just change your email address for privaccy? then we may be able to help you better.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello guest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please enclose the e-mail address in "<" and ">" brackets (like this: "<my@mail.com>"). Please make sure that SMTP server doesn't require encryption (such as SSL), as Acronis True Image doesn't support that. Please also leave Username and Password fields blank, unless the SMTP server requires authentication to send messages.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Note that POP is not an 'outgoing' protocol and you should not be setting POP server information here. In the outgoing server fields you should be configuring your SMTP settings. You should not need to set any POP information up at all, and you should not need to set any SMTP authentication details up, unless you are required to use them from your normal email client.

F.

7. smithalb

smithalb Registered Member

has anyone gotten this to work? I have a yahoo email account and I can no get mine to work either. Any help would be great apreciated.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smithalb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you experience problems with e-mail notifications, and the information in my previous post doesn't help you, please create sceenshots of e-mail notifications settings screens, and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.