SuperantiSpyware Bug?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chris_Taylor, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_Taylor

Chris_Taylor Registered Member

Using SAS 4.0.1126.
    Noticed yesterday when disabling the tray icon from appearing in the system tray, the program shuts down when the main configuration window is closed. Is this a bug?

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Chris - our latest version is 4.0.1130 - you should download that and post any issues in the SAS 4.0 pre-release forum.

3. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Using version 4.0.1128 and this doesn't happen when I try it. Nick will the newer version you mentioned install with a new update? And if not should I install it over my current version? Thanks.

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

the pro version , is that available for trial?

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Simply uinstall and then re-download and re-install the newest version.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Of course :)

7. larryb52

I'll load it tonight, I want to run it along with Nod32's suite, I tried the free version this morning on my machine & I liked the way it looked at the memory & registry, I want a shield so pro would be my choice, I'll post after I load it up & give it a go, thanks!

8. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

If you don't want to do any testing, the 3.9 version has a trial and runs along ok. And then when the new version comes along you can get that.

9. larryb52

is there a link to a beta 4?, I don't mind testing, I have tested a few AV's, so this shouldn't be too different...

10. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

11. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I see I missed how it's suppose to be done on the SAS website, and thanks Nick I appreciate it. I have to say this program does impress me with how smooth it runs on my PC, and if what some of the testers in this forum have written holds true, it should also deliver the goods if any nasties ever do try to invade my PC. I have had offers to purchase a 1 year license of Ashampoo's Anitspyware, and even Webroot's Spy Sweeper for only 9.99, but after having used both, I feel SuperAntiSpyware simply runs better on my PC than either one of these, and from what I have seen so far your customer service is better. I have come to like the beetle icon more now as well. Not because I suddenly think it's cool, but because I think SAS is a fine security program. Take care Nick, and I hope you have accepted my apologies from my past ribbing about the beetle and any remarks I made that may have offended you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  12. Threedog

Now Word...tell the truth...you found out I was 6'9" and 300lbs and was going to come to your house dressed like the SAS beetle and scowl at you until you proclaimed on National TV that beetles are cool. :D

13. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Is that 300 pounds of muscle? or are you out of shape/ Depending on which it is and where you live. You may too wore out to do that after you finally get here. LOL. I don't necessarily hate the beetle, but I do wish it could at least be made a different color like I suggested before. I would like to also know what all is covered under the Real Time protection or told where the information can be found. I looked on the website and swore there was a description there at one time, but maybe I need to look again to see. All yeah. I'm only 5 ft. 10 inches tall and am a writer, not a fighter. So just in case you are all muscle and do find your way to my house. Be careful. I may just write something about you here, that offends you like it did Nick. LOL.

14. Threedog

Now I didn't exactly say I was that big. No worries though I am pretty tame.

I think the real time protection protects against everything the program does. Just about the same idea as an AV. I have had it pop up once while installing a program and once while cruising the net. It mainly integrates with IE but I read in a post that it protects Firefox to an extent also.

15. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

LOL. Well I think 6'9" and 300 pounds is exactly. Exactly someone I would be afraid of tame or not. LOL. Thanks for the input I appreciate it. What else do you use with SAS? I currently run AVG Pro and ThreatFire with it. I got both for free, and like them, but I may switch from TF to OA Free when the new release is available. I have been bragging up SAS in hopes of getting a free license for that too, but I think Nick is too savvy to let it influence him about giving me one. LOL. Or maybe he's just still mad at me over the whole beetle thing, as he hasn't responded to my apology yet. Take care big tame guy. LOL.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  16. Threedog

Hmmmmm not sure if Nick is gonna bite on the freebie or not. I am running Dr Web antivirus and Prevx 2.0 alongside all on XP Pro in a Limited User Account with no problems so far.

17. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I think you still need a anti-trojan and maybe a root-kit detector when you drop TF. You can never have enough security software, especially with the valentines day threats so near... :argh: :ninja:

18. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I am not upset about anything, as a professional, I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are respected.

19. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I believe you Nick, and when you have the time could you answer my question in the SAS Real Time thread? Thanks.

20. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Hey 19monty69. I'll most likely keep TF as it runs so well on my PC. So does SAS, but I hope to hear what all the RT protects against for Firefox users. I know TF and OA Free will protect any browser. And hey, where's the tic toc you usually add to rib me about trying all the different security programs? LOL.

21. 19monty64

I was going to get to that but you didn't take the bait about the valentine's warnings...you did hear about them didn't youo_O :shifty:

22. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

The only valentine's warning I know of is that if you're married, you better get your wife a Valentine's Day card or else all hell will break out. I rather face some unknown malware than my wife's wrath. LOL. I did see that AVG 8 is right around the corner though, and I hear that the RC is suppose to run almost as smooth as SAS's does. Tic... Toc...Tic...Toc...LOL. See you my friend.

23. 19monty64

I was talking about the increase in malware and spam during the holiday, when there are more people on-line. What's this about AVG 8o_O Now you've sparked my interest...tick tock tick tock! Woops, sorry...SAS thread...

24. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

25. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

I am taking time to thank you for the standards you have set for this product, your attention to details, and the quality of service.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19887031-Super-Anti-Spyware-detecting-itself-as-vundo~start=20

Like many others, I have personally introduced your SuperantiSpyware to thankful users with 'hosed' systems, malware problems, and new PCs/laptops.

They have not been disappointed. They in turn have supported your efforts and commitment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.