NOD32 V3 Locking out Guild Wars

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Nahaz, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nahaz

Nahaz Registered Member

I'm having an issue where Guild Wars refuses to connect unless I disable NOD32 first, then run GW, then re-enable the NOD32 AV (Cureent version 3.0.563)

I have entered in the program location into the Exclusions, but version 3 still locks me out unless I temporarily disable it first.

Just so you know, the old version of NOD was fine with Guild Wars with this exclusion set.

Am I missing something in the new version?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Also make sure that you enter the Web access protection -> Web browsers and add this application . Then click on the box next to it so that it becomes with a red X . Confirm with OK

exclude application.PNG

If this doesn't help , report to ESET via the internal form Help -> Contact Customer Care

3. Nahaz

Nahaz Registered Member

Didn't work :(

4. AshG

AshG Registered Member

This is odd, and I'm afraid ti might be system-specific. I am running v3 and just finished a nice long mapping run in GW. Even happenned upon a nice gold, clean r8 max damage Fellblade, too! :cool:

I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've never had to add GW to an exclusion list. Wierd.

5. MaikuB

MaikuB Registered Member

I had to enter GW into my exclusions list for IMON before for V2 some time ago. At that time, GW would connect, but the news wouldn't show up and i couldn't login. What if you try the exclusions subsection rather than Active Mode?

6. Nahaz

Nahaz Registered Member

Already done that (see original post)

It's really wierd. If I hit the "Temporarily disable NOD32" option and then load GW it works fine. I can then also reactivate NOD32 as the login is already done, but if i log out of GW I have to repeat the process.

BTW - It's only version 3 that does it. The old version was fine

7. MaikuB

MaikuB Registered Member

Oops my bad, i missed that part in your original post ^^;

8. Nahaz

Nahaz Registered Member

First of all my apology's to HiTech_boy - This DOES INDEED fix the problem.

The check boxes have 3 states which I was unaware of which is either an empty box, a ticked box, or a box with a red X in it.

Thanks to ESET and the people that post on here :D

9. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

This happened to me in alot of games. One day BF2 and Quake 4 stopped working. Also WOW stopped working. I disabled NOD32 and they worked. All I did to fix it was uninstall NOD32 completely . Get rid of all entries. Use Revo uninstaller to get of all entries. Reboot and use cCleaner issues then reboot again. The only reason to reboot twice is to make sure all NOD32 entries are gone. The reinstall NOD32 and all will be fine. Actually has happened to me twice but its no biggie. NOD32 installs in minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.