Nod32 Enterprise - Configuration variables?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by xija07, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xija07

xija07 Registered Member

Hi there I am currently involved with supporting over 100 client/server networks which we are trying to migrate to NOD32 EE, but I have a quick question:

Because they are all different servers and domains, what is the easiest way to take the same configuration away to different networks? For e.g, can I use dos variables like %LogonServer% or others to make rolling out new installations easier and save me changing configurations every time? I would need to use %LogonServer% for the update LAN server details and console reporting.

Cheers!

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Create an XML file for each of the installation locations, then install NOD with a batch file like so:

setup.exe /silentmode /instmft /cfg=path_and_filename_to_your_XML

That's how we did it for our 20+ different sites. They all have their own local mirror server and we needed to point that site's clients to their own server. The only difference between the various XML files was the definition of the mirror server.

HTH

3. xija07

xija07 Registered Member

Yeah I see what your saying, but that kinda defeats the object of what i'm trying to do...

I'm trying to create one XML to use throughout different server/domains, so creating a different XML for each domain (which would mean creating over 120 XML's!) would be what I'm doing now.

But thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.