F-secure & F-prot feedback/comments

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Relemar, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

I really really want to move from Panda, as it's just not right for me somehow. I've heard alot of recent reviews and comments of F-secure and F-prot, I forget which ones the best.

Can some give me a few comments and feedback.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

another one bites the dust.;)

3. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

What is that supposed to mean?

4. cdr

cdr Registered Member

Relemar,
    F-Secure has F-Secure Anti-Virus and F-Secure Internet Security Suite available. F-Prot, I believe, only offers F-Prot Anti-Virus, no suite. I have tried both FSIS and F-Prot, and I like both of them a lot. It just depends on what your needs are. F-Secure's detection rates are higher than F-Prot at the moment, as you can see at www.av-comparatives.org. As is always stated, just trial any or all of these to see how they perform on your specific computer. There are lots of highly-experienced posters on this forum who can add more comments and help.
    Good luck!:D

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Let me add another clarification about this policy just for future reference...

When asking about a couple well established, solidly performing anti-virus products, it really isn't possible for anyone to say which is best. Without adding any criteria based upon specific needs, an open-ended "which is best?" question will simply provide the same standard responses. Those that understand this issue will reply that you need to try them for yourself to see if they work well on your system. (Every AV on the market has some people / systems that it does not run well on. Every one of them has some kind of issue. It's the way of computer software that no one product is perfect and works the same for everyone. If there was a single, true best AV, it would put every other product out of the market.)

Other people will reply picking the one product of the two that they have either used themselves, or that they have as a personal favorite. But still, that won't tell the poster anything credible about either one "being the best." And, yet another group of people will respond with a product not even mentioned in the question, because they are either a big fan of that product and dismiss all others, or perhaps they honestly believe there is a best and its the one they use. :cautious:

We stopped accepting open ended "which is best AV product?" threads, whether they are asked from among all known AV packages, or just about a specific list of two or three (i.e. a "this versus that" type thread), simply because we believe there is no best. That any AV can fail some person, miss something, or be incompatible with some systems or user needs. (The only malware sample that matters is the one that gets by your AV and hoses your system. You can run any AV and still end up hosed like that. It happens every day to someone.)

We're trying to get people to think about this, and perhaps expand their horizons and try a lot of different products to see which have the features, performance, compatibility with their PC, ease of use, or whatever else they might personally need. And frankly, all of the well established products, (for example, all those from the av-comparatives test rated Standard or above), are good products and are worthy of use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.