Kaspersky 7 still has major issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

That is what lets the frustration/dis-satisfaction build, the minimal to non-existant response, even in their OWN support forum.

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I don't have the chkdsk problem, and I've run both KAV/KIS 6 and 7, but I don't doubt that some are having this problem. As Kapiti and flyrfan111 says, it would be nice to hear from a KL guy just to get their side of the story.

3. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

last post: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=14995&view=findpost&p=399119
    Talec is the Certification Manager at KL if i'm not mistaken. If you want to help, contact him.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Wow, it does appear there is some validity to this issue. That isnt good.:mad: I urge all that have Kaspersky to hurry as fast as you can and install Avira or Nod. Please dont hesitate....:doubt:

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Let me also remind all of this post dated May 24th. I said it then and got bashed, so do the right thing now.

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Let's stay on topic. If this thread starts to veers off into unproductive paths, it will be closed.

Blue

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

ZA does not use iSwift, a central point in the arguments and an important aspect i would think since this has been one of the main arguments in this.

I count at least three times in the "OWN" forum asking for someone to actually supply those logs/steps to reproduce it............... the last two requests has been from the testing dept to supply directly..............."minimal to non-existant response" ...................hmmm. o_O

P.s. I'm not a spokesperson for Kaspersky, i'm a moderator at their forum, yes, but not speaking in any official capacity in this matter.....it is my personal opinion i'm expressing.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Don you are correct. But please, take a look at my first post at the start of this thread and just help me understand why my computer would say that. No , I dont have any logs, I wish I did to help you folks, but my word is all I have. I am just trying to understand how, as you said, an unproven or documented rumor can continue this long without any truth.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I mean in all fairness to us, it is running elsewhere.

10. flyrfan111

Sorry but yes, I do view 3(One of which was yesterday!!) posts in a thread with going on 20 PAGES to be a "minimal" response.

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i think this thread needs to be closed, things are just going over... and over.. and over.

some people have the problems mentioned in the thread, some dont.
    there are others that have the problem on other forums, and again some that dont who reply to them aswell.

if you dont have a problem with this or never have, fair enough.

ive had these problems, and although they are not massive problems i do wonder what kaspersky is doing to my HD for windows to pop up with chkdsk on more than one occasion, thats my only worry, it does not bother me that it hangs on stage 2 a little.

either way, this thread is massive now and keeps going over and over with people still mentioning the same things from the first page.

:thumbd:

:isay:

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Blue, I started it, feel free to close it please.

13. flyrfan111

Sorry for the distracting post, kindaa felt "attacked".

As for closing the thread, the thread starter asked to close so I guess it should be closed. As for those accusing others of KAV bashing, pointing out shortomings or problems is not bashing, All AVs have their problems/shortcomings, this is a support forum and most people come here for help with problems not to bad mouth companies.

14. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Agreed :thumb:

15. BlueZannetti

Don,

I'm going to have to question this assertion.

As a test, I installed ZA AntiVirus trial. Every file I accessed showed file object ID's. If I tried to delete them, they were immediately recreated. That is what appears in the first screenshot. The second shot is following the uninstall of ZA AntiVirus. The file object ID is still there, as it should be, but is now readily deleted and does not reappear. That would seem to suggest an active iSwift module...

Blue

Attached Files:

16. BlueZannetti

If it remains on target and without acrimonious postings, the thread will remain open.

There are customers out there with problems. Although logs might be nice, an alternate approach is the direct challenge experiment - remove the file object ID's from a system displaying the genuinely concerning behavior (chkdsk crashing, stage 2 stalls exceeding, say, 10 minutes, negative impact on other applications (True Image, O&O Defrag, etc.)) and observe whether that removal remedies the major problem. At this point I don't believe anyone can really eliminate secondary conflicts as a source of the major problems. If the file object ID's are the primary cause (which I actually have a difficult time rationalizing unless it is a pure throughput/timeout issue), the problems will be resolved.

Blue

17. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

18. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Thank you, It's been awhile since I checked the Kaspersky forum so missed this. It's good to see that at last Kaspersky is starting to take the issue seriously.
    I won't be contacting Talec as I no longer have Kapersky installed, but as a previous message of mine in this tread mentioned, I had contacted Kaspersky support, and a number of emails passed back and forth but not once was I asked for a log file.
    I received the impression that since I was unwilling to clean install Windows then install KISS they lost interest, hence the last message I received from them that stated "The problem will be fixed in the next version" a polite brush off in my opinion.

19. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have on occasion seen a reboot and then a run of chkdsk. But this would only after a hard crash of the system, usually the result of playing with a pre-beta of a kernel mode program.

On my newest machine, the only times a crash has induced a run of chkdsk was with Rollback Rx. Many times in the course of testing, if I do have a crash, chkdsk or no, I'll restore an image just to be safe.

I have absolutely no doubt some folks are having a problem, I am just beginning to wonder if the problem is Kaspersky or Microsoft. Something to ponder. KL uses a feature of the flie system, that Microsoft says is fine to use, they implement it according to MS instructions, and do it properly, and there is a problem, whose problem is it. Unfortunately the answer is a few unlucky users.

20. Don Pelotas

This would be news to me Blue, i actually took the time to ask them this question when released, but might not have gotten a correct answer.:)

21. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Here's my 2 cents. I bought KIS 6 and received security descriptor errors on chkdsk. Removed KIS 6 and finally after repartitioning and reinstalling Windows the errors went away. After I heard about KIS 7 being released in France with an English version, I installed KIS 7 and the security errors reappeared. Again, I had to repartition and reinstall Windows. This time with a different AV. I guess I am with the unlucky few too. :'(

SourMilk out

22. Don Pelotas

No attack intended, but whether the last request was yesterday seem a bit irrelevant, the important thing is that they actually do ask and have done so, if we go back from the one yesterday which apparantly suspicious in your opinion, then Kulich (he's from the testing dept) asked me on 10.05.2007 to post that users who can reproduce to simply contact him regarding this because it was important enough......to my knowledge he has received none, it is very difficult to help with an issue they can't reproduce if they don't get any help from those that see it.

Again for those who see this, contact Talec (read post 372 to 374) since he asked yesterday..............if you think you can help. :)

23. flyrfan111

Sorry for being so sensitive, I am not a KAV basher, I do recommend it, just with the caveat to trial it for the full trial and make an image based back up before installing it. I know the problems being discussed here only seem to affect a small number of users, the vast majority of KAV users don't see this problem for whatever reason. Unfortunately I was one of them, but I did enjoy the days of KAV 3.5, 4 and 4.5. I thought they had just gotten it "right" with 4.5, and then 5 came along. I used 4.5 until they no longer supported definitions for it.

24. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Couldn't agree more :thumb:

25. BlueZannetti

Don,

I know you do your homework, but the answer you received does seem at variance with observation. It's a little disappointing that your contacts either missed the precise question asked or dropped the ball on the answer.

I also checked the registry to see if there were any registry settings along the lines mentioned by Lucian Bara, and there were none, so I was a little surprised myself when those object ID's regenerated on deletion. It's as though this facility is embedded in the main engine.

I thought that it was important to note this behavior since it does appear to provide a firm common link to ZA based issues.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.