Internal Error 123 and no Boot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am having a problem. When I create a snapshot I get errors. It has had a pop up saying Internal Error 123. How can I determine what is causing the error? When I View log it just shows that there was errors. How do I dig deeper?

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

When you view the log have you clicked on the blue plus sign?

Takes great patience to scroll and find the errors.

Is this a first snapshot of a newly installed First Defence?

3. WilliamP

I have tried several snapshots.

4. WilliamP

Thank you for the help. I was clicking on the wrong thing. I have problems [DCF Backup write access denied],Replacing [Windows\system32\drivers\cmdmon.sys ]and Replacing Windows\system32\ drivers\inspect .sys. Both drivers are Comodo Firewall but I don't have a clue to DCF.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  5. WilliamP

I did some further searching and went into Comodo and told it to not protect itself. FDISR works like a champ now. I do love that program.:thumb: :D

6. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

It's often an issue with any apps that have 'termination protection' enabled
    Typically security type apps.
    In a strange way it's nice to see that those utilities are doing their job, but creates irritation for snapshot creation and copy/update.

Disable the tools giving a problem for new snap creation and copy/update then re enable protection while working in that or other snaps.

Raxco support has been back on line recently: :) : set up a support ticket; they may be able to create a newer copy engine with the developers as these issues arise with various utilities.

Similar issues with PG ( strong termination protection as we know)and CyberHawk.

Btw: was there ever a version of Fdisr copy engine that did eventually work with PG??

There was this older thread re PG
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-141069.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.