Not able to create Secure Zone in True Image 10.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cuda71, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuda71

cuda71 Registered Member

New user of True Image Home 10.0 version: 10.0.4871.
    Have not been able to create a Secure Zone on my primary HD.
    I have tried over a dozen times, and have turned off various programs that I thought could interfere, (Norton, WebRoot)
    Am using Secure Zone Wizard.
    I am selecting my primary Drive C: and allocating approx.
    50GB of available 465GB.
    Once I press proceed button system reboots, and I see Acronis screens run upon reboot showing partitions being resized & created? (green screens) Then quick blue screen and another reboot into Windows. When I go back into Secure Zone Management Area I see no change to the size of my original primary HD partition, and it asks for me to create the secure zone before proceeding.
    I am selecting Disk 1 and checking primary box on 1st screen of Wizard.
    I have been carefully reading / following users guide for True Image 10.0Home. Not sure what to try next.
    Any help on how to proceed?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

To eliminate any interaction with other Windows applications, boot into the Full version of TI via the Acronis bootable rescue CD and try creating the Secure Zone from there. Think carefully before accepting the default option to also activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager as this will modify your system disk's Master Boot Record - not a problem unless you use a Non-Acronis multiboot manager or the drive contains a manufacturer's special recovery partition etc.

Regards

3. cuda71

cuda71 Registered Member

Tried to create the Secure Zone directly from the bootable media.
    The bootable media disk seemed to work fine, I selected True Image full version and tried to create the secure zone again. This time I was able to get as far as selecting Disk 1 (465GB free) primary partition selected and then I got an error message that Acronis Secure Zone cannot create the zone on the drive. I did not get to the screen with the slider to even try to size the zone. My primary C: drive is a pair of 250GB Western Digital HDs in a Raid 0 configuration. I am not sure what to try next. Any help or thoughts on how to proceed? I would really like to figure out why I am unable to create a secure zone.

4. budget

budget Registered Member

hi,

I am also having the same problem but I am using TI v9.1 (build 371:cool:
    It won't let me create a secure zone on any drive. I have tried going through the windows way and through from boot cd in normal and safe mode.
    Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers
    Bud

Here are my pc specs -

System Information report written at: 12/20/06 22:10:40
    System Name: B05
    [SCSI]

Item Value
    Name Intel(R) ICH8R/DO/DH SATA RAID Controller
    Manufacturer Intel
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_01DB1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&FA
    I/O Port 0x0000FE00-0x0000FE07
    I/O Port 0x0000FE10-0x0000FE13
    I/O Port 0x0000FE20-0x0000FE27
    I/O Port 0x0000FE30-0x0000FE33
    I/O Port 0x0000FEC0-0x0000FEDF
    Memory Address 0xFF97F800-0xFF97FFFF
    IRQ Channel IRQ 20
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastor.sys (6.0.1.1002, 241.00 KB (246,784 bytes), 17/10/2006 4:50 a.m.)

Specifications ---------------------
    Dell Inc.
    System Model: Dell DXP061
    BIOS Version: Dell Inc. 1.0.3

Operating System ---------------------
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version: 5.1.2600
    Service Pack: 2.0

Memory (RAM) ---------------------
    Capacity: 1 GB

Processor ---------------------
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
    Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Speed: 2128 MHz
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
    Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Speed: 2128 MHz

Local Disk ---------------------
    Hard Disks: C: used 6.83gb free 23.1gb
    Hard Disks: D: used 8gb free 199gb

5. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Have you tried creating the Secure Zone without activating the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager?

Activate after Zone is created.

6. -bIG_mATT-

-bIG_mATT- Registered Member

How's it going everybody? Just logged in to report that I am having the same problem...Just got a new pc, so I used Disk Director to split my drive in half. It appeared that all went well until I tried to create the Zone, I am not allowed to create one on either drive...I have tried all the recommendations mentioned to no avail...I have no idea why, but will still image and transfer to removable media...Less convenient, but still better than a total re-install..., out!

7. budget

budget Registered Member

hi,

this is what i have tried so far -
    create secure zone through manage secure zone function and follow the wizard - i have tried this logged on in windows, off the boot disk in safe and full mode.

in all modes it says " error, cannot detect hard drives". not sure if i should forget the creating a secure zone and create a folder on the d drive with the images of c: and d:?

cheers
    budget

8. budget

budget Registered Member

Anyone got any ideas?

ta

bud

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the reason for this behavior might be that you already have four (4) primary partitions on that hard drive. In this case, you cannot create another partition. You can check the partitions type using Windows Disk Management for example by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

If this is not the case, please check the disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)

- Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"

where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

After that please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello budget,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

As far as I understood, you get this error message when you boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. If this is correct, please download and install the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. After that create a new Bootable CD using the latest build and see if the issue persists.

Please also clarify the exact error message you have received and when exactly have you received it. Also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.