Future Changes to Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackspear, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuMz

JuMz Registered Member

I figured as much but I meant specifically. What entries to be exacto_O Where in the config.xml file? etc.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Not at all KrackerJack - you just never noticed it before, and because you asked about your issue you now have a soultion.

Cheers :)

3. kar

kar Registered Member

Inhibit virus-scan during HDD defrag

To avoid data loss when antivirus starts automatic scan during HDD defragmentation, make NOD32 detect defrag process and stop/inhibit/hold virus scanning until defrag terminates. Virus scan during defrag process increases defragmentation time and often causes unwanted data loss.

4. kar

kar Registered Member

Autoupdate to check presence of cable/adsl connection
    When automatic update each hour is selected, NOD32 should check first if PC is connected to the internet before trying to update, or at least shouldn't generate Event log alert 11001 in case it coudn't update because PC wasn't connected to the Internet ISP!
    Regards,
    Radi

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Right-Click Tray Icon 'Toggle' for Compatibility Mode.

Perhaps via a right-click menu on the tray icon with options:

- Higher Compatibility
    - User Defined Settings
    - Higher Efficiency

When doing a non ftp speed test for example, I now have to open IMON
    to change settings. In Higher Efficiency mode the whole test file will
    be downloaded at once after checking by IMON resulting in false speed
    reading.

Edit : Discovered after posting this. There is a menu shown when right clicking the
    opaque download progress box with options to terminate or switch to passive mode.
    However it would be nice to be able to do this beforehand, eg. the speed test case,
    and then be able to revert to the original settings as defined by user.
    Sorry, should have checked.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  6. KrackerJack

KrackerJack Registered Member

Thanks for the warm and fuzzy feeling. :-*

I still should've rtfm properly.

Cheers

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi callmejacko, welcome to Wilders.

As your question is a topic in its own right and not related to the topic at hand, I have split your post into its own thread HERE

Cheers :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  8. penjoseph

penjoseph Registered Member

9. apenhorwood

apenhorwood Registered Member

List the install date and the date of expiration in the information section.

10. Silo24X

Silo24X Registered Member

I would like to see 3 things in a future version of NOD32:

1.Improved Trojan and spyware detection.
    2.Detection of rootkits.
    3.A posibility to hide important Windows processes from viruses.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 already detects and removes successfully rootkits . Rootkits are detected via signatures as well as advanced heuristics . The new anti-stealth technology allows NOD32 to even detect and remove even active rootkits .

;) :thumb:

12. Owner

Owner Registered Member

I'll be glad to see HIPS(Host Intrusion Prevention System) module in future products :)

13. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

It wil be good to have option play sound when virus found :)

14. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

:thumb: Display of 'estimated time to completion of scan' in progress is important.

:thumb: A fancy gizmo like 'Advanced Heuristics Scanning' should be up on the top layer to 'select / deselect' with each scan, not hidden way in the bowels of the AV where only techno-freaks travel.

:thumb: Control over applications / Reg changes?

:thumb: Why not shoot for a Security Suite?

15. strict

strict Registered Member

it seems to me that some of these have been implemented in 2.7... for example:

AMON

1. Add Clean (if cleanable) or Delete (if uncleanable) options.

2. Add Quarantine.

3. Enable by default when installing.

16. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

These don't seem to be remotely accurate. At least most of the ones I've seen in some Av's.

17. fredflintstone

fredflintstone Registered Member

• In Remote Administrator Console, ability to add clients automatically to Groups based on
      • Active Directory Organisational Unit (Container)
      • IP address Range
      • Other criteria?
    • Then depending on what group the client is added to, automatically apply a specific configuration task

18. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

In the update module, add some metadata to every http get request to avoid as many proxy issues as possible.
    eg:
    http://<esetupdaserver>/update.ver?<current.time>
    http://u26.eset.com/update.ver?1718

In fact, even just the question mark on its own should be sufficient.

Cheers :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  19. rubb

rubb Registered Member

Display info about a scheduled scan in progress, with option to pause/stop

There have been some other requests pertaining to scheduled scans, but what I would ideally like to have is a way to view what's going on with a scheduled scan that's in progress (reference). Essentially, I'd like to see the same info that's shown when a manually triggered scan is running, and have the same options to pause or stop the scan. This could be accomplished with, for example, a separate tray icon that appears when a scheduled scan is running; it could be clicked to pop open a window showing the scheduled scan in progress. Or, perhaps it could be done by automatically opening up a progress window when the user opens up the Control Center if a scheduled scan is in progress. As it is now -- unless I'm missing something (hey, I'm new) -- scheduled scans run entirely in the background and apart from looking at the scanning log, there's nothing you can do to verify that a scheduled scan is in progress, let alone monitor or stop the scan.

Thanks.

20. kostelo

kostelo Registered Member

I would like very much to see the ability to right click the tray icon and quickly disable AMON or any other module just like Kaspersky. Many times I copy a lot of files from dvds to my hdd and I have to open the control panel to disable amon because copying finishes a lot faster with amon disabled.
    So I would appreciate if there was a way to quickly disable it with a right click option in tray icon. ;)
    Thanks a lot and I hope you'll consider it. :)

21. Dilbert_2

Dilbert_2 Registered Member

What's wrong with the current LEFT click on the tray icon, selecting AMON, and clicking on the checkmark by "File System Monitor (AMON) Enabled", which disables it. And same process to re-enable AMON when desired. This is pretty fast. Or am I missing something here? Regards.

22. kostelo

kostelo Registered Member

Nothing is wrong with this but I find it easier to quickly disable it by a right click menu. By left clicking the tray, the whole control panel has to show up, browse to AMON (if you aren't there already) and then disable it. Anyway, it's just a proposal that would improve this excellent program in my opinion. Thanx.:)

23. Almighty1

Almighty1 Registered Member

After using NOD32 2.7 for 2 days, my input for future versions is that for both AMON and the On-Demand scanner is that there should be a option when something is detected to add that item to the excluded list and not prohibit access to the file since this is a lot easier than having to manually add files by selecting it. Also, the exclusion list in AMON, when one specifies a file, maybe there should be a option that one can specify like xyz.exe and just have it exclude any file with that name regardless of where it's located. I noticed when one is on that object to Exclude from scanning, the Exclude folders option has it in reverse since Yes would become No when added and No would become Yes when added.

24. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This would mean that excluding, for instance, a legit system file svchost.exe by name would make your system exposed to many trojans disguising in svchost.exe files. We'll see what we can do with exclusions in the future.

25. Almighty1

Almighty1 Registered Member

Yes, but remember, it's the user who allowed it so the user has to assume that risk on their own if they choose to exclude that way, since the problem is there are files that I copy to two different folders which is for installing on other people's computers so I don't want to exclude the same file manually each time. I know when I used Norton AntiVirus even the 2006 version, you can put in the filename like C:\test.exe and then including subfolders. Maybe the other way is better, AMON will put up the warning and then there is a exclude option so what it does is just add the full path and filename of the file to the exclusion list and allow access to the file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.