Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dysthymia, Aug 10, 2004.

1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

WITHDRAWN - bad idea
    Ability to edit Notes which were written initially with the image. Add date stamp of comment (and I suspect, in corporate version, user name as well would be required)

Edited upon further reflection: I withdraw this request because I don't want backups to change. They have to reflect the state of the machine on the date it's made. It's very easy to keep an own log in a readme file instead.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  2. Stan Galper

Stan Galper Registered Member

When a scheduled Backup Server Consolidation runs, it copies all of the backup files to new files and then deletes the originals. Therefore if my backups use more than 50% of my backup drive, the Consolidation fails. The ability to schedule by location (folder), with multiple schedules per day (same as backup jobs) would solve that issue. OR just multiple daily schedules would also work, some jobs would fail and others would succeed on the first run, the failures would then succeed on the second run.

3. osip

osip Registered Member

A sector per sector imaging/restore function on partition level to be able to use ATI as combo with other rollback sw as rollback rx ...

4. boblite

boblite Registered Member

SUBJECT: LOGGING RECOVERY ATTEMPTS TO FLOPPY DISK

Needed: Option of logging to floppy disk a record of end-user choices and system-responses to those choices when using the F11 key to retrieve a recent backed up version of a partition.

What prompts this request is that yesterday using TI9 I had a most unpleasant nailbiting experience recovering the most recent backed up version of my C: drive from Acronis Secure Zone, using the F11 key during the process of booting the system.

From the start of the attempted recovery I tried to maintain a detailed record of each of my end-user choices and the corresponding system response, to document exactly what happened. This was okay on the first couple of attempts at recovering the partition, but after these failed I found it overly laborious and wished that all the steps could be recorded to floppy so that I could send the log record on the floppy to the Acronis True Image forum or maybe to Acronis Tech support, since I was getting all kinds of anomalous responses.

In the end I did manage to recover the partition, after many sweaty moments thinking I had lost the partition, but I cannot reconstruct why the successful attempt succeeded while the prior attempts failed.

5. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

1. Tape loader and Tape robot functionality
    2. Same support in Bartpe and Linux Bootcd
    3. Being Able to make a Restore script of C: etc....
    4. Also add this to the GUI for scheduled restore.
    5. Adding WOL (Wake on Lan) to Snap Deploy

6. zz9plural

zz9plural Registered Member

- Free drive-letter assignment when restoring (via recovery-cd)
    Case:
    HD1= c: (boot), d: (apps), f: (system!)
    HD2= g: (backup)
    Those are the drive letters used by windows.
    When i boot with the TI recovery-cd, drive letters look like
    HD1= c: (boot), d: (apps), e: (system!)
    HD2= f: (backup)

If i clone HD1 to HD2, the system installed on f: won't boot, because ti assigns the wrong drive letters. Same when i try to recover an image i created on windows - TI knows the drive letters windows used, but when recovering it will assign new letters to the partitions.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Drive letter discussion split off to its own here.

8. Kallex

Kallex Registered Member

Few small wishes:

1. For the notification emails sent (for both corporate and home editions) include the status info already to the subject line. Getting multiple emails daily and having to scan manually through them is really not needed.

2. Include the task scheduling option "run at shutdown" also for home editions. It exists in corporate workstation 9.1, yet it doesn't exist for home edition 10.

If this is just due to licensing feature differences, I suggest you re-evaluate it. For example our company is forced to use home edition now until you come up with Vista support for corporate product line. And this will be the case for every new version of Windows in the future as well.

Br,

Kalle

9. clogs

clogs Registered Member

Here's one on my wish-list: I wish that Acronis would respond to my e-mails about a serious complaint I have logged about TI 10. All responses I get back are automated and I got one e-mail from a 'real' person, but the advice he gave was crap.

10. mdoty

mdoty Registered Member

Having same problem as sent to Acronis that my external drive letter is always assigned Drive D on reboot after synchronizing with operating system.
    The only solution that I've found is to disconnect the first drive before
    rebooting the second drive the first time. Using TI 10 Cloning.

11. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi mdoty,

this is a feature of NT, you may wish to have a read of this (particularly the section 'These examples illustrate two general rules for successful cloning of NT-family OS's: ') :

http://www.goodells.net/multiboot/partsigs.htm

The only thing Acronis can do about this is to add a warning in their user guide as a recommendation. I had a quick scan and they don't seem to mention it.

F.

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I believe this was also brought up here. Let us please try to keep the wish-list thread a thread for suggested new features etc and try to post issues only once in the forum. This should help keep things better organized and help avoid confusion.

13. kmsam

kmsam Registered Member

My wish list:
    1. Capability to schedule file restore to a warm backuo server
    2. Capability to copy a task and then edit the new copy to create a new, similar task

14. coopertt

coopertt Registered Member

A few I just thought of cause it just happened to me

Setup check points for re-start specialy on large backup jobs in case of something like a power outage

Ability to monitor the progress of the backup for large backup jobs

15. techman

techman Registered Member

Hi
    I haven't read through the threads here so I hope this isn't a repetitive request :rolleyes: I been using TI for a long time and I really wish you could put an option to simply turn off the computer after a backup. I know theres scheduling option but I just want a button or check box to log the computer off after a backup for 1 time setting as I don't want to do it on every shutdown. TIA!

16. lukes

lukes Registered Member

Hi, I'm using Acronis True Image v9.1 to image an entire hard disk in unattended mode. I noticed that when a bad sector is found, it cannot proceed to skip and ignore the bad sector. Instead it hangs there and never recovers. This is not so when running in attended mode, whereby an option (message pop up) is provided to Ignore the bad sector. Can the unattended mode be made capable of accepting some parameters to skip or halt the disk imaging should it encounter a bad sector? Thanks.

17. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I would rather it stalled. Because it is a good indicator that it is time to change the disk for a new one before it fails entirely.

Xpilot

18. usentr

usentr Registered Member

Support for Itanium based hardware running Windows 2003

I would like to create an image of a disk running on Itanium based hardware.

Thanks

Marc Onis

19. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Did you try that support link recently? Using it makes me turn in an unending circle! Must be a problem at the Acronis website. Will someone ever address this or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

20. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Works fine for me.
    Maybe your firewall settings?

21. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Finally got the hang of it...

Not the easiest website.

22. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

Support WIN98/SE in TI 10.

23. wriggler

wriggler Registered Member

My wish is:
    A Button to save the scheduled Tasks.

24. coopdog

coopdog Registered Member

** The ability to force a sector by sector full backup when using the AcronisTrue Image workstation GUI.
    ** The ability to save a backup script and copy it to other PC's without having to configure the schedule and security again. Currently, you can copy the backup tasks, but you still have to enter security for the backup and also enter the schedule for the backup.
    ** An XML tag to force Trueimageterminal.exe to perform a sector by sector backup.

25. wriggler

wriggler Registered Member

MY second Wish:
    A option at the file Backup, which i can say save every time this file or directory

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.