What do these errors mean?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by David07666, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David07666

David07666 Registered Member

When I try to backup up a network path on another computer I always see these errors in the log -- what do they mean? The backup itself seems to be OK. Here's the log:

Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FAC3

Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '\\Toshiba-user\SusanDocuments\'.
    Backup operation will not snapshot that path.

Create Differential Backup Archive
    To file:"F: \Acronis Backup Location\SusanToshiba.tib"
    Compression:Normal
    Exclude:System files, Files matching mask
    Match criterion:*.bak, *.~, *.tmp,

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you are using TI Home it won't backup the files on another computer, only the computer it is executing on. It will write the archive to another computer though.

If this isn't the problem repost giving the version and build of TI you are using.

3. David07666

You misunderstand: On Computer 1 I am backing up folders that are on Computer 2 using a network reference. It DOES back them up on computer 1 but I get these errors. What do they mean?

4. David07666

I forgot to mention that I'm using TI 10

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David07666,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that seekforever's reply is not correct. It is possible to back up and restore to and from networked drive with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. The only restriction is that you can create only file-based backup of the networked (mapped) drive or network shared folder.

The error message "Backup operation will not snapshot that path" you have mentioned is not error, it is warning message. Please note that as indicated Acronis True Image 10.0 Home cannot use snapshot technology while backing up network shared folders. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that in this case open files will be backed up correctly.

If you would like to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to back up network shared folder please make sure that the files/folders are not used by another programs.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Also applies to TI 9.

7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Hmm, you revealed that you are using TI 10 and Acronis responded!

Hmm, wonder what that implies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.