ATI 110 Archive Management -- File Quota Feature not functional

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shieber, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

IN the AtI Log it shows that violations of thresholds are tested for and no violation is detected at the threshold of 13 even after 14 successful backups to the directory wethout deletions. Until I remade the directories today, then violation is detected at the appropriate counts.

I can send the the Log files if you tell me where.

I'm guessing that if the tasks were created by originally referring to the directory under a drive rather than under Backup Locations -- which was my original mistake -- then editing the task later to change the source to the same directory but under Backup Locations rather than under the Drive will not help the task file to properly assess thresholds. But that's just a guess.

sh

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi BlackCat3,

According to this <previous Acronis Support reply>, the "F" stands for "Full" and by inference, the "D" should stand for "Differential". However, from what I've read here, Acronis Support may well be incorrect and it's more likely that "D" = a "Disk" image whilst "F" = a "Files and Folders" image.

Acronis Support - please clarify or confirm.

Regards

3. shieber

I just don't understand this. Sometimes the file number limit works and sometimes when Iset up a directory and and a task it does not. Whether it works or not, if I view the ATI log it shows that the file count was checked and no violation was detected -- this even when the filenumber exceeds the set threshhold!

I've tested this on two diff computers (diff motherboard models and diff drives) and the probs occur on both.

Another curious thing. If I use ATI to delete a managed directory with files in it and check the box to delete the contents, the *.cfg file is deleted and the directory is removed from the Backup Locations list but the *.tib files are not deleted.

It's as if ATI can't see the .tib files when doing directory management.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  4. shieber

That gets the autonaming to work but doesn't always get the file quotas to work. It's work on one machine but I've tried it on others and ATI checks the file count and even if the count exceeds the quota, the log shows ATI not detecting a violation fo the file quota.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

You are absolutely right. Namely, latter "D" in the name of the backup archive saved to Backup Location shows that this is disk(s)/partition(s) image and letter "F" is for file-based backup (My data, My application settings and My e-mails). I'm sorry for misleading you and others with my previous post you have mentioned.

Let me explain here the file name structure once again on the example below:

2006_10_22_11_29_14_218F.TIB.

This file-based backup archive was created on 22 of October 2006, 11:29 AM 14 seconds 218 milliseconds.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Aleksandr,

Many thanks for your confirmation and clarification.

Best Regards

7. shieber

I finally figured out a fix:

see

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151970&highlight=shieber

8. Acronis Support

Hello shieber,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Could you please confirm that this issue was also solved after un-installing Acronis True Image 10.0 Home completely and then installing again?

Could you also provide Acronis Support Team with the Windows System Information created after you have solved the issue with backup quotas so we could analyze it try to figure out the reason for the issue?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

9. mbsolomon

mbsolomon Registered Member

I do not understand how people running TI-10 get the "Backup Policy" screen shown on page 51 of the TI-10 manual. I believe that screen is only available in TI-9, yet some people on the forum seem to see that screen in TI-10.

When I create a backup location with TI-10, I get a screen that allows me to establish three limits: disk space, number of backups and days. There is no screen as on page 51 called the Backup Policy screen in TI-10.

Is it possible that the Trial version of TI-10 works differently from a regestered version?

10. Acronis Support

Hello d.chatten,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I have just received reply from Acronis Development Team concerning the issue you have reported in the post #10 (error messages in Windows Even Viewer). Please note that this issue was fixed. The fix will be included into the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. As soon as the new build will be available for download you will be able to download it from "Product Update" section of your account. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. Please note that in order to get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. mrgaryd

mrgaryd Registered Member

I got the same errors, and I just assumed that was because it went to the secure zone and windows could not read the zone...

12. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

Sorry for not replying to your post a bit quicker but i've been very busy lately, anyway thanks for letting us know that this issue has been delt with and i will look forward to downloading and installing the new build of ATI 10 when it becomes available.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.