mouse wont work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WWally, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWally

WWally Registered Member

I just installed "Acronis True Image 10 Home" and wanted to test this Software by F11 !
    But my mouse will only go up and down. I use a cable USB-Mouse because
    my computer hasnt got an PS2 Connection. I tried already the "usbmouse=off" hint without any difference

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I think there was also another workaround involving the setting in the bios for legacy mouse - not sure of the exact procedure but you might want to experiment with it.

3. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hi WWally,

Try another USB port. Did you try to create a bootable CD with Acronis True Image 10 and check if the mouse works when you boot from it? Also you could try "nousb2" parameter.

I believe Ralphie talking about USB Legacy Support in BIOS. Try to enable this option, if you have it.

_Kento_

4. WWally

WWally Registered Member

Hi Ralphie,
    thanks for trieing to help.
    In BIOS I coudnt find a "legacy mouse" parameter
    wwally

5. Ralphie

Kento is right ... it's usb legacy support.

6. WWally

WWally Registered Member

Hi Kento,
    thanks for trieing to help.
    I created an "Acronis bootable CD" but also had the same mouse problems.
    wwally

7. WWally

WWally Registered Member

Hi Ralphie and Kento,

"USB legacy Support" was already enabled.

I am really disapointed by such a program, which can only operate by mouse input and this is not possble on many computers !
    For example: Forum article from October 18 by bkmaddog

Does anyone know how to operate the program with keys instead a mouse ?

wwally

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Let's recap.

The mouse doesn't work in Windows with TI10?

The mouse doesn't work from the rescue CD ?

What happens if using the rescue CD the safe option is chosen? Ignore the fact it says USb and network stuff won't work, this depends on your motherboard - so if the MB drives the USB and Network stuff, the chances are some of this might actualy work in this mode.

I haven't tried 10 as yet, but I assume it still has the BartPe plug ins (you'll need to have done either a custom or full installation for them to be in the Acronis folder). In which case that would be the way to go as far as the rescue CD is concerned.

Colin

Colin

9. Ralphie

Usually a combination of the Tab, Spacebar, and Arrow keys will work for when a mouse will not. First the Tab is normally used to move from one field to another. The Spacebar will usually select an item and the Arrow keys lets you move within a field. You just have to experiment with them.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WWally,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as Ralphie said Acronis True Image provides you with ability to use hot keys. Here are some of them:

Arrow keys, Tab - switch between active elements;

Space - select\unselect partitions, check-boxes etc;

Enter - open a folder in directory tree or confirm an input;

Alt+N - Next;

Alt+B - Next;

Alt+P - Proceed;

Other actions can be done by pressing ALT + underlined letter in dialog box.

As for the issue with mouse when using the standalone version of Acronis True Image, please do the following:

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post

- Provide us with the exact vendor and model of the USB mouse you use

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Interesting to see that Acronis had been replying to queries in this forum with a lag of about three or four weeks. I think yesterday they had caught up to queries from 19th September.

All of a sudden and as if by magic, they are now up to date, answering today's ATI 10 questions. All the unanswered ATI 9 questions in the forum have presumably been abandoned, including my own queries about SATA2 driver problems. Not that I'm surprised, my unanswered ATI 9.0 query will be good company for my unanswered support request which they have still to acknowledge.

Acronis, your business model is flawed. If I were you I would be trying to get sales from existing happy customers, not busting a gut trying to find new ones.

F.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that with the release of the new version of Acronis True Image Home, which is Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, we decided to concentrate our efforts on issues that might be related to Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Thus, to find out problems/issues, which users of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home can encounter, and to provide a possible solution to solve such issues as soon as possible.

We will definitely get back and try to answer all the other questions asked on this Forum as soon as possible. Since at this moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet, we apologize in advance for any delay with response.

As for the unanswered support request, could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in an autoreply to your letter so we could find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply, then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

13. foghorne

Hi Aleksandr

I have since had replies but it appears nothing of any substance is taking place. My request is #738982. I have explained to you that the problem is with restoring from the Linux environment and you eventually ask me to install the trial for V10 to see if the Linux restore works from that. The installation of this disturbs my existing v9 installation, and of course the trial Linux version does not even provide the ability to do a restore (because it is a trial) which wastes an entire evening just because you were more interested in deflecting an incoming support request. I had informed you that the hardware was very new and you then tried to deflect the problem on faulty hardware. I have informed you of the exact specification of memory and the fact that it is brand new(and has passed memtest86+ v1.65 tests) and the fact that I am not overclocking my system.

F.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  14. foghorne

I have resolved this issue whereby the 9.3677 Linux environment could not see my SATA2 diskdrive.

The problem was down to operator error and no fault whatsoever was attributable to Acronis True Image v9.

The problem was that some muppet had written 9.3677 on the label of a CDRW, which actually had the 9.3633 Linux environment installed on it.

Hard for me to complain that support was slow under these circumstances. It might have taken them three weeks to spot, but they spotted it before I did.

Embarrased or what.:oops:

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.