Error message-Acronis true image V. 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by babac, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi everyone,
    While trying to make a rescue cd, I receive an error message saying something like''Your cd device is in use with another process''.As a result, the cd rescue hangs there for ever and is never completed.
    I tried to do it on 2 different computers and I get the same result.

I cannot see the error message well as it is covered by another pane (the current running process) and it is displayed in French.
    Thank you.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

You should see the options shown in this screenshot. Choose to create your Recue Disk by first creating an ISO image and then burning this image. Use the instructions given here to burn this ISO image.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/8988/screenshot039vr8.jpg

3. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Greetings babac,

I ran into this same issue while trying to burn an Acronis boot disk recently. Here's a possible workaround, until this is resolved:

Try inserting the blank CD in the tray of your CD drive, but do not close the tray. Then, when you tell TI to proceed, it will close the tray, and begin burning your Boot disk. This same behavior occurs when trying to burn direct-to-DVD.

Good luck.

4. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi,
    Thank you DLD and Christopher.
    I followed DLD's advice and everything now works fine.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello babac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Would like to say that usually this kind of issue may be related to another third-party CD\DVD-writing software installed on the computer that can lock access to the CD/DVD drive to Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media Builder. In this case the workaround mentioned by Christopher_NC can help you to overcome this issue, namely:

- Eject any disc from the CD burner prior to starting Acronis True Image;

- Proceed until the program asks for a disc and opens the tray;

- Insert a disc and then click OK to close the tray automatically.

If that does not help either then try to create a Bootable Rescue CD in Windows Safe Mode.

If nothing of the above helps you can create ISO image of Bootable Rescue CD (see Chapter 9 "Creating Bootable Recsue Media" of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for details) and burn Bootable Rescue CD from this ISO image using your favorite CD-recording software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi Aleksandr,
    Thanks for your reply.As mentionned above, Ifinally succeeded with ISO burning.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.