Why eliminate the virus?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mecute, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecute

mecute Registered Member

Yes, clean or eliminate the virus/trojan "terrorist" on the file "folder.htt" as what other AV's out there. There is no question of detecting and stopping it, but would it be better to clean it on-the-fly!

I guess there's more virus that can be cleaned yet NOD32 is reluctant to do. Perform on-the-fly cleaning or elimination, and I will say you are the best. ;)

2. mecute

mecute Registered Member

Re: Why not eliminate the virus?

I mean why "not" eliminate

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

To be honest NOD does perform on the fly cleaning even with the default settings ,also if you wish even more and more on-the-fly it will then depend on your settings.
    By default NOD will move the new virus to quarantine automatically without any intervention => so the malware is eliminated , isn't this on the fly ? ;) ;)

Attached Files:

4. mecute

mecute Registered Member

OK, fine with that. But im expecting a more "true" on-the-fly cleaning as what other AVs do. Again, to site an example, a "trojan terrorist" in file "folder.htt" is not being cleaned by NOD32, thou can be deleted/quarantined as told. This trojan script can easily be removed from the file itself using any text editors, so I presumed AVs can do it as well easily. Why other AVs do the cleaning while NOD32 dont? Again, you may say there's no need to clean it, if you can delete it. But the point here is we dont want to delete or quarantine files as much as possible. What if a person is too dumb to perform such task? Or a similar script infects one's very important files, will you still recommend deletion/quarantine? I guess not. On-the-fly cleaning is still the best move, not deletion or quarantine.

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

So you mean "cleaning" as in, "remove only the virus-infected part of a file, but leave the rest of the file alone and intact".

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

NOD32 can "remove only the virus-infected part of a file, but leave the rest of the file alone and intact".

Here's an old infected Win95/98 installer file I found on a backup. Detected by AMON and can be cleaned by AMON.

Attached Files:

• amon.gif
      amon.gif
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.