ATI backup and restore on recent Dell system Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donkuok, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donkuok

donkuok Registered Member

The new dell notebook comes with a few hidden partitions e.g. MediaDirect, Dell Ghost restore, Dell Diagnostic partitions. I then made another partition for my data called "D". So now I have C:, D: and the other 3 hidden partitions
    Question
    If I do an Image Partition backup at C:\ drive (active partition), will I able to restore that particular partition without affecting the 3 hidden partitions as well as the D: partition. In other words, after the image partition restoration, everything will be intact and the dell restore will still working when pressing Ctrl+F11 as well as all other partitions.

2. donkuok

donkuok Registered Member

look like nobody can help me...:doubt:

3. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

To be sure that all Dell pc restore, diagnostic, media direct and other features work you MUST create an image of the ENTIRE hard drive by selecting the appropriate checkbox. When that image is restored the ENTIRE image must be restored intact. Any deviation will cause Dell pc restore to fail.

You may also clone the Dell drive provided that you clone to an equal or larger size drive. Most clones to a smaller drive will fail to boot properly and cause the Dell pc restore function to fail.

You may not resize any partitions or make any changes to the master boot record or Dell functions will be broken.

Check some of my postings on this subject. It has been covered in depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.