Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Nunes, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

I'm a NOD32 user and just to see how my system was prepared to Windows Vista I downloaded and executed the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor.

This is what the Advisor "says" about NOD32:

"Before you upgrade to Windows Vista, uninstall this program. After upgrade, this program will be blocked from re-installing due to known compatibility issues. Please visit the vendor's website for possible solutions."

This means that we can't use NOD32 with Windows Vista for now.
    I hope this will not be an issue in the future, since we don't know what role can play security software inside Vista.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it means exactly that . Windows Vista is still not finished . Microsoft will push it for the whole public in 2007 so we can't expect all currently available programs to work on Vista . Don't worry , when Vista is ready , NOD32 will also be ready to protect its users :thumb:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A Vista compatible version of NOD32 is expected to be available within a couple of weeks, but still bear in mind that Vista is quite far from the final product and a lot of code can change.

4. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Why would anyone want to spend more money on Vista, I wonder? Just to say "I'm really, really, up to date" :blink:

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I har ya. Just the tool to check if you can run Vista ...

Let me quote: "Want to see if your Windows XP-based PC can run Windows Vista? Just download, install, and run the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor RC."

Ahh! Ok! So I just gotta download & run it? Cool! .... Wrong!
    When you try to run the damn thing it just stops, because it requires some crappy software to be installed.

1: You need something installed that I can't remember...
    2: You need the crappy Frameworks, which will make your PC super slow.
    3: I cancelled after it asked for Frameworks. No way in hell I'm gonna install that.

XP is & will be fine for many years to come.
    Gamers fear that they can't play any DX10 games (which is true)... But.. If the publisher isn't Microsoft, you can be 99% sure that you can play the game for years (they will still be using DX9). The only game that will require Vista (and DX10) is Halo 3, and we all know it's just a marketing thingy to sell Vista to gamers.

Sorry for OT :)

6. JohnHarrisNZ

JohnHarrisNZ Registered Member

Thanks Marcos! The new Vista is highlighting companies who wait until the last minute to release and then don't deliver a good product with the release of the OS and those, like ATI, who embrace the new OS and work with users in Beta to develop a stable product.

Thanks goodness ESET are in the latter class !!

Some of us need to use new products before they are "in production" so that when our clients demand the new OS we are ready to deliver. In doing so we need to understand what the limitations are and ESET won't be one of them.

Go NOD32! The best AV out there.

Cheers John

7. Zion

Zion Registered Member

It would be a good idea to have NOD32 tested side by side with Vista RC1. This way we can help NOD32 beta development.

Also will there be a pure 64bit version of NOD in the near future.

Thanks

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

define - "pure 64bit" - the installer includes both code to my understanding, and being written in assembler for the most part, that means 64 bit compiled libraries. It really doesn't mean anything if the installer is "dual' coded.

9. Zion

Zion Registered Member

By pure 64 bit I mean the modules loaded into memory should not be 32 code. Task Manager should not display as appname*32.

A good thing and I Agree with you is that the NOD installer is 32&64 bit dual coded.

Thanks

10. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Im glad to read Eset will have a "version" of NOD out soon that works in Vista.

there are only 2 anti-viruses programs out there that I can find, I don't know much about them but previous reports on them were not as good as for NOD32.

Any of the great anti-virus programs (NOD32) that get working in Vista ASAP will surely get a lot of new customers.

11. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

What makes you think that NOD32 does not work with Vista? Maybe it's the other way around.. They are still in beta stage..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.