Using Arconis TI 9 Workstation w/ Vista Beta 2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thirdlife, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thirdlife

thirdlife Registered Member

I have TI 9 Workstation edition installed and working(sort of) on my Vista Beta 2 machine.

The 1 problem I have is that when I clone a hard drive to hard drive, the very first file cannot be copied. If I ignore that file the clone completes successfully.

Now all my data will be on that cloned drive, but it will not let me boot from it, so I assume the file that was unable to copy, has something to do with the boot process.

Does anyone know how I can maybe repair the boot process or fix the clone so I can boot Vista from it?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I tried using the Startup Repair tool from the Vista DVD, but it was unable to to fix this problem.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. thirdlife

Anyone?

3. USMC RET

USMC RET Registered Member

I had the same problem. I was able to correct it by booting

from the Vista DVD and when the install window was displayed

I clicked the “System Recovery Option” on the bottom left side.

After a few seconds, it displayed “windows has found the problem

do you want it repaired” I clicked yes and the system rebooted and

it booted correctly. Make sure when you do this, that the Vista

hard drive is set as the first boot hard drive. I hope this will

help.

4. thirdlife

Yes I have already tried that, but I get the message "Windows was unable to fix the problem" after the repair is attempted.

5. thirdlife

Any other suggestions?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thirdlife,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports Windows Vista. We will implement the support for this operating system as soon as it will be released officially.

Please also note that you will surely be able to backup\clone partition\disk where Windows Vista is installed using Acronis True Image either from within the supported Windows version or in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. using 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager also known as "F11 feature". You will be able to do this even if this disk\partition has some kind of unsupported or corrupted file system (see this previous thread for details). Therefore, I would recommend that you try to clone the hard drive when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. However, we cannot guarantee that this particular Windows installation will remain bootable\function normally after you restore the backup or clone the hard drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello USMC RET and thirdlife,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports Windows Vista. We will implement the support for this operating system as soon as it will be released officially.

Please also note that you will surely be able to backup\clone partition\disk where Windows Vista is installed using Acronis True Image either from within the supported Windows version or in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. using 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager also known as "F11 feature". You will be able to do this even if this disk\partition has some kind of unsupported or corrupted file system (see this previous thread for details). However, we cannot guarantee that the cloned\restored Windows Vista installation will remain bootable\function normally.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.