Setting a static IP / mapped network drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neof, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neof

neof Registered Member

This is actually two seperate questions?

How can I set a static IP address (and IP settings) for my bootable media so that I do not have to go in and configure eth0 after book each time? I looked in the ISO and their isn't a ifcfg-eth0 file or anything like that. I read the instructions and searched the net and all I find is how to do it after boot! DHCP is not allowed in my work enviornment :(

Then once that is set, is their a way to map a network drive on the bootable media so I don't have to manually type my UNC path each time?

Both of these seemed like straight forward things that Power Quest Drive Image and Symantec Ghost both support. I talked my boss into buying Acronis True Image because of the great reviews I read, and I'm going to look really bad at work if I can't "my new awesome software you just had to have" to work. :(

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!

2. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

<snip> Acronis 9 home edition is not scriptable from the boot CD. Maybe the enterprise edition is, I'm not sure though. You can turn the dhcp off once you boot off the CD by going into tools and deselecting it for each eth port. Then type in the ip address and sm to set up the port statically. It takes time to set this up every time but thats what I have to do every time I back my server up through the network.

edited to remove off-topic comment - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello neof,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if DHCP server is present in network standalone version of Acronis Tru Image (when booted from bootable CD) detects the network automatically. If there is no DHCP server in your network or your computer address was not identified automatically for some reason network settings can be specified manually in the Tools -> Options -> Network adapters. Please note that it is impossible to include this settings to the Acronis Bootable CD and you will need to specify it each time you boot into the stanalone mode of Acronis True Image.

Please also note that you will not be able to map the networked drive when booted from Acronis True Image bootable CD. The networked shared folders are available under "Computers Near Me" in the Archive Selection window of the Wizard.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.