TI9 Home and Clusters Size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by furballi, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furballi

furballi Registered Member

Have a small 3GB FAT32 primary active C partition (WXP Pro SP1) with 2K clusters size. If I image this partition using TI9 Home, and restore this image file back to the same partition, will the cluster size remain at 2K, or will it revert to 4K cluster?

I encountered this problem with TI9 Server, but don't know if this problem has been addressed by the software developer.

TIA

2. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I am running True Image home 9.0 Build 3677 on Windows 98SE with RAID 0 and a 16K cluster size.

After recovery using True Image my cluster size still is at 16K.

Hope that answers your question.

Tmod

3. furballi

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that TI no longer changes the cluster to a default value.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello furballi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please have a look at this thread it should answer your question. Please note that when Acronis True Image restore the image of the entire hard drive or partition in first delete the destanation partition and then restore the partition from the image to its place. So the fylesystem and also cluster size will be the same as in the partition that stored in the image archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. furballi

Thank you for confirming the previous post. I have DI6. DI6 would change my default 2K cluster size to 4K if I restore the image file containing the original 2K cluster partition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.