9.0 3633 EVERY backup is corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by h2ouup2, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenLyall

StevenLyall Registered Member

Thanks - yes, I did look at seekforever's helpful reply. I am running 3633 for Home. I haven't tried the recovery disc. I have run memtest with no errors.

seekforever outlines my concerns with TI. If it only takes one bit in a jpeg amongst 100Gb of data to get a one-liner error message saying 'corrupted', then I end up not really knowing where I am.

With the free MS Backup, if a file fails to verify, then I get a detailed report telling me which file and that lets me go check that file and manually copy it if necessary.

Also, as I scan through this excellent forum, I see that many, many users are experiencing almost excayly the same problems and we are all getting very helpful advice about how to check our memory susystems and about checking to see whether we have more success with teh recovery CD than with Windows, etc. but it seems to me that there must been something basically wrong with the software.

Having said this, I'm no software expert and I can only act on what I know: TI's user interface is excellent; TI's range of features is excellent; TI always gives me a 'courrupted image' message from which I have no idea which file may be problematic.

Many thanks again,

Steven Lyall

2. h2ouup2

h2ouup2 Registered Member

Hello Steven,

I too keep getting request to check my RAM etc. Well I ran MemTest86+ over night with no errors.

I can move large file 4.37 GB from HDD to HDD and from folder to folder then verify the check sum which is identical.

It doesn't matter what drive I copy to with the boot CD all images are good and verify fine. It's just within Windows.

Now at least I have a way to make a backup, it just it suppose to work in Windows (which BTW) is faster but just doesn't

As a matter of fact my Archive and Verify times with the boot CD are actually pretty fast especially when compared to others.

3. TheBackupKid

TheBackupKid Registered Member

I have had this exact problem under XP64. I can make the image in Windows, but it says it's always corrupt when I verify it though. But if I then reboot with the Bootable CD and check the exact same archive outside of windows it verifies okay.

Odd. I'm hoping it works if I need it.

Brian

4. h2ouup2

h2ouup2 Registered Member

BackupKid,

I would boot to the CD and make an image from there as well.

I know (at least for me) this works.

You can't be too careful. :)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello StevenLyall and everyone interested,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that when you receive the "archive corrupted" error message it does not mean that some particular files contained in the backup archive in question are corrupted. It means that the backup archive integrity is damaged. That is the reason why this image archive can not be restored. The point is that when you create a disk\partition image Acronis True Image does not backup files or folders but saves blocks of hard drive data saving the information about disk/partition geometry. By the way, corrupted disk\partition image can sometimes be mounted as a virtual drive by means of the Acronis True Image embedded Mount Image tool so that you can restore individual files and folders from these images. As for corrupted file-based backups, they can sometimes be restored as well.

If you still encounter a problem with Acronis True Image creating corrupted backups then please submit a request for technical support containing the results of the above tests (see my post #24) along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem more thoroughly and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.