Jetico for everyone!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by olap, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olap

olap Registered Member

Jetico for everyone!

After many discusions that i saw on the net, and on this forum, about the difficulties to configure Jetico and that the program is not for anybody but just for the computer geek´s, I offer you this Jetico Rule Set.Using this, Jetico becomes easy to use,just like the most simple firewalls but always remain Jetico, the best one.
    Import this rule and go.
    For every new open program Jetico ask to accept.
    If is System application or program what no need internet access like a notepad,office, Apply with "Handle as.. AccessToNetworkOnly".
    If is program what need internet access like a Antivirus for update, or Spyware program for update, or Skype,BitComet,Torrent,Emule, apply with "Handle as.. FullAccess"
    Rule is configured for Firefox 1.504 and IE. No popup full stealth. If you have issue about,ask.
    Credit a Jetico.Team for this software.
    Have Fun...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. olap

olap Registered Member

If you use Proximitron or another proxy software configure rule:
    When Proxo start and Jetico ask to accept, apply Proxo with "Handle as.. FullAccess", now go to table "Ask User" click find "Internet Explorer" rule,two click to it and change "Verdict:" to "LocalhostOnly"
    Thats it! Enjoy.

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I might try jetico again now.I gotta be honest.. i failed even to get a net connection last time even though i tried for about an hour different variations on rules.I use admuncher so perhaps that was the problem.Perhaps the proxy rule will fix that?.I wish there was a step by step tutorial with pics somewhere ,as it would make it a lot easier for idiots like me. ;)
    ellison

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Like you, I never managed a connection with Jetico. I have been waiting hoping that they would bring out a friendlier version. Now Olap has posted these rules I might take another look at it. There is a posting by Stem here
    which might help you.

I have been trying out Comodo over the last few days. Not sure about it and it slows everything down so have reverted to Kerio 4

5. olap

olap Registered Member

Hi...
    When "admuncher" start and Jetico ask to accept, click on "Handle as.. FullAccess" "OK"
    This is rule for "admuncher".
    Now open Jetico, right click on "OQ's JPF rules" and apply "Flat view"
    On left side you see table "Ask User" click on it.
    On right side yuo see "IExplorer" icon (rule with FullAccess) two click on it.
    Now you have new window, click on "Verdict:" and change "FullAccess" to "LocalhostOnly" "OK"
    And go on the InterNET. You no need another rule.(you know that your browser must be configured to
    localhost?).
    Same work is for "Firefox" , "windows explorer" - to "AccessToNetworkOnly"
    If yuo use "firefox" with "admuncher",then "firefox" to "LocalhostOnly", IExplorer to "AccessToNetworkOnly" or vice versa.
    Access to "net" is not access to "internet"!
    Thats it! Enjoy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Mmm...well i just uninstalled avg plus firewall to try jetico again,and used the ruleset and it worked !!.Getting a little cocky i "reverted to factory settings" so that the ruleset would be default again and tried to follow what jetico was asking and give it a rule....and it worked again !!.Now the last time i tried jetico i had antivir premium installed and im wondering whther there was some sort of conflict there.Im gonna try and install antivir premium again with jetico and see if it stops my connection.Olap...is it ok for windows explorer to go in app trusted zone?.I dont really want it to connect to net ,just open other apps that connect but not sure of exact rule to use...see pic

Attached Files:

7. Antus

Antus Registered Member

Olap!!!!
    A note of thanks for the text configuration, and of course thanks to the Jetco team, made my life a litte easier:):D

8. monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe Registered Member

I know this is a stupid noob question, but I ask it nonetheless. How do I import the ruleset? I have downloaded the file but I have no idea how to use it. :oops:

9. controler

controler Guest

You rename the file from Olap.bcf.txt to Olap.bcf, then click on file in Jetico
    and select open.

I think that is how it is done.

10. monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe Registered Member

Thanks. I did that and it opened like it should, though I now have two separate root trees showing under configuration. I hope that is okay. Now I will dart back into the shadows and resume lurking.

11. olap

olap Registered Member

Ask User

Attached Files:

• Ask.JPG
      Ask.JPG
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
  12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I can,t read it. It seems damaged and i see only some strange characters, ytried tio open in NotePad and Word Pad but same.
    Is it written in MS word?

13. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

14. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Olap, that is so cool of you:thumb:

This gives me some hope now! I have searched for a tutorial on Jetico to no avail.

Thanks so much;)

15. olap

olap Registered Member

OK, I think that first step (access to internet with proxy or without is resolved for everyone? free of hundred pop up, without grave problem? have a look that Jetico is not bugbear!). You have tested your config. on the web test page? and pass all? I think yes! Thats it good. This Rules have more option!
    Now, when you wish, we can go walk-up for fine tune this rules?
    Ask!
    Thats it!

16. olap

olap Registered Member

For @aigle and all...
    To convert "Olap.bcf.txt" to "Olap.bcf "!
    Open one "Folder" go Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->unstick "Hide extensions for know file types" -->Apply-->OK
    Now right click on file "Olap.bcf.txt"-->Rename then delete ".txt"
    By popup "Rename" click "Yes"
    Thats it! Enjoy.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  17. olap

olap Registered Member

An entire life have wait for this Rules, and now I not listen nobody?
    Strange!

18. gonzo1963

gonzo1963 Registered Member

You can see some, here: http://www.nautopia.net/

19. gonzo1963

gonzo1963 Registered Member

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The english site doesn't work...

21. crookit

crookit Registered Member

Thanks for the rules, a useful addition to this fantastic firewall.

22. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I would not advise anyone to use "Allow All" rules for a browser,. particularly not IE. Allowing all inbound connections can give rise to allowing "Pass by" inbound. (Allowing all is bypassing the SPI)

23. olap

olap Registered Member

@Stem

false, IExplorer log "FullAccess", test you self!

Have Fun....

Attached Files:

• SPI.JPG
      SPI.JPG
      File size:
      147.5 KB
      Views:
  24. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

olap
    You need to check your logic on allowing inbound connections, (your rules for IE as example allow any event/ any protocol),... yes these will be passed to the SPI rule, but all events will be allowed, which means ANY inbound/outbound will be allowed (even unsolicited inbound). This is very dangerous practice, and again I would not advise anyone to use "Allow All" rules with a browser.
    Think about it,.. How can you have SPI on inbound connections!

25. olap

olap Registered Member

@Stem
    again false!!! IExplorer log "FullAccess", test you self again!!!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.