Question about rescue media creation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike Kyriazakos, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Kyriazakos

Mike Kyriazakos Registered Member

Can someone please clarify this for me? After I update to the latest build 3633, and I create an image/backup of my hard drive, I can no longer use the original TI program CD to boot from in order to restore? It seems that if you use the original program CD, it will not recognize the .tib file as a TI backup file? I need to create a rescue CD from the 3633 build, is this correct?

Thanks

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Depends. What version was the older "original TI program CD"? Version 8 or older cannot read a version 9 image.

"I need to create a rescue CD from the 3633 build, is this correct?"
    Yes.

3. Mike Kyriazakos

The CD is Version 9 but Im not sure what build as I don't have it with me.

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

AFAIK any Version 9 recovery CD should be able to handle any .tib, including older versions.

5. APBIDDLE

APBIDDLE Registered Member

I have updated through several version 9 builds. I have tried to restore from the current build TIB with the restore CD from the previous one, and both times I was unable to do so. In the most recent case, it did not recognize the TIB file, and the previous time it kept coming up with a corrupted archive message. Using the matching recovery CD in both cases got me my restore. So when I update, I keep the old recovery CD until I no longer have any archives made with that build. Always a chance it is something particular to my equipment, of course.

6. Mike Kyriazakos

OK I just tested this out again and it definately is a problem at least for me. The backup I created under 3363 has been validated and it seems OK unless I use the TI 9 original disk to boot from. When I boot from the original it tells me either the file is corrupt or it's not a valid TI backup. It seems to alternate between the two error messages on the same file previously validated under Windows XP.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

TI9 Build 3567 and later use a different engine than the older builds including TI8. The older programs including the rescue CD cannot understand the file structure used by the new engine. The new version can understand the old format OK.

You must therefore make a new rescue CD to validate images made with B3567 and later. You should always make a new rescue CD with each new build.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike Kyriazakos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as seekforever said, builds 3567 and higher use new "engine" which is differs from the previous builds. Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD has the same "engine" as the version you use under Windows. So if update your current version and wish to have the latest update on your Acronis Bootable Rescue CD then you should create a new CD with the latest build. You can find the inforamation about build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 4 digit number).

Additional information about how to create Acronis True Image Bootable CD can be found in Chapter 9. "Creating bootable media" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.