How to create a shortcut of a True Image 9.0 Task ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by imaging, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imaging

imaging Registered Member

Hello,

how can I run a task configured in the True Image 9.0 Taskmanager ?
    Is there a command line reference ? Didn’t found it.
    I want a user starting a partition image backup without opening True Image 9.0 main program just klicking an icon on the desktop.

THX.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Would booting from the bootable TI Rescue CD serve your purpose? It has all the Imaging functions on it. The user just clicks Icons to do a backup.

3. imaging

No, sorry. Really need the one-klick solution.

4. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

No problem. Just locate the TI Script (.tis) file for the task you want to run. Look in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts. More information here.

Now, if your installation of TI did things correctly, you will have a registry association for .tis that will execute it by running TrueImageService.exe. If so, you can simply make a shortcut to the .tis file and there you have it.

Build 3567 did not set this up in the registry correctly (on my system anyway) but it was easy to fix; more information here. If you can't get this to work, you can create a shortcut to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe with the argument script:/"your-script-file", and there you have it.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

One other tip: The names of the script files (*.tis) are very long and relatively undecipherable -- here's an example, "5823283F-FCC8-47DA-A1D6-126CE7630732.tib.tis" . Spell it? I can't even *pronounce* it! ;-)

If you only have one task, it's easy to know which *.tis file is the one you want. If you have two or more, it's much harder.

One way to identify a TIS file, is to use a file viewer or plain text editor (these are xml files and and can be viewed in a plain text editor like notedpad) and then you look for telltale phrases. Easier, go into Acronis and edit the task and save it, noting the computer time. Then you can ID the script by the time signature property of the file.

sh

6. imaging

Thank You so much !:) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.